Past quotes of the week

Posted
Rating:
Site director
Samantha Koortyn is in the usergroup ‘Administrators’

Re: Past quotes of the week

February 13-19, 2006

Swaq was now fully asleep on his feet, his brain having shut down temporarily due to severe Davination.

"Excellent," Sam smiled. Ever since they’d gotten Davin out, unplugging people had become incredibly easy. Apparently if you were put into a catatonic coma, you didn’t feel the effects of being unplugged and, unlike a blow to the head, Davin didn’t tend to have lasting effects, and only caused brain damage and cancer in a small percentage of people.

<a href="Star Wars Epics - View Profile: Davin Corros">Davin Corros</a>, <a href="index.php?page=topicview&id=2666">The Mac-trix (Mirrorworld)</a>
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Site director

February 20 - March 6, 2006

Ubik’s eyebrows arched slightly in response to Sully’s parting comment. It could have just been her imagination, but she’d thought something was going on between her and Sully for a moment there. Not that that was something she really wanted to deal with. He was a criminal, he was exactly the wrong sort of person for her to get involved with and ever since Sari, exactly the sort of person she usually woke up next to.

<a href="Star Wars Epics - View Profile: Ubik Windrider">Ubik Windrider</a>, <a href="index.php?page=topicview&id=1415">Better Ways to Start the Day</a>

Posted
Rating:
Site director

March 7-20, 2006

Slapping the synthflesh onto the young man’s shoulder hard enough to elicit a grunt from him, Jola pushed firmly with her fingernail along the edge of the patch—to ensure a good seal—and drew a great deal of satisfaction from the now reddened area on his shoulder. If he didn’t know how to ask nicely, she didn’t have to play fair.

<a href="Star Wars Epics - View Profile: Jola'Edana Kahlid">Jola'Edana Kahlid</a>, <a href="index.php?page=topicview&id=1537">The Lost Fleet Returns</a>

Posted
Rating:
Site director

March 21-April 1, 2006

“No frakking way.” Val spit out in disgust. “They are replacing Cris with…that…that…arrogant, annoying…man-rancor gone wrong…thing?” She added, glancing at the chrono on the wall that indicated the current Galactica Standard time on Coruscant before walking furiously over to the high encryption scrambler equipped comm console. “I don’t care if it is the frakking middle of the night there I am not letting Phaeden get away with this."

<a href="Star Wars Epics - View Profile: Val'kia Navin">Val'kia Navin</a>, <a href="index.php?page=topicview&id=1241">Spies Like Us</a>

Posted
Rating:
Site director

April 2-8, 2006

Following the orders of his Captain, Corran tried to wrestle her arms away to press one of his hands over her mouth. But he hadn’t expected how strong the girl was. And he was still concentrating to get her arms under control, it happened. Her knee hit him. Hit him hard where it did hurt.

With a groan Corran sank to the ground. There were days when you better not leave the bunk. This was one of them. Definitive.

<a href="Star Wars Epics - View Profile: Corran Antilles">Corran Antilles</a>, <a href="index.php?page=topicview&type=findpost&id=77576&postcount=34">Sands of Gold</a>

Posted
Rating:
Site director

April 9-15, 2006

The name rocked Jade as though she had been physically pushed. “Vjun…” she repeated, and her mind filled again with images of a dark world with a sky the color of a churning sea, ravaged by unending acid rain. Jagged mountain ranges jutted upwards, piercing this sky – a forbidding landscape lacking any appearance of life. She could feel the acrid atmosphere burning her nostrils, and she knew without doubt she was sensing all of these things through Corran.

And now she knew the name of the planet.

<a href="Star Wars Epics - View Profile: Jade Seye">Jade Seye</a>, <a href="index.php?page=topicview&type=findpost&id=78108&postcount=76">Return to Yavin</a>

Posted
Rating:
Site director

April 16-22, 2006

Almost every situation in which she offered a hand ended in tensed silence. At best. Still some moments were worse. That was when he realized he was unable to accomplish something of what he thought he could do it by himself. She could not bear the look in his eyes—after relentlessly trying, to the verge of their both strength as she suffered with him.
That also was why he would not change in her presence. Or one of the reasons. His hand having reached the door controls she swallowed, ‘Math?’ He turned about and she gave him another cautious smile, ‘Don’t be too harsh with him.’

<a href="Star Wars Epics - View Profile: Matheron Thayer">Matheron Thayer</a>, <a href="index.php?page=topicview&id=1578">Coruscant, 11 ABY</a>

Posted
Rating:
Site director

April 23 - May 5, 2006

"Davin, we know what you’re doing in there," Han sighed, rolling his eyes.

"Yeah," Sam shrugged. "It’s not a big deal, you know?"

"Everyone does it," Leto patted Davin on the head, forgetting to be angsty at the near-purple blush on Davin’s face. "Even girls."

"Okay," Davin said awkwardly, fiddling with the pen in his hands. "So, like… everyone does it?"

"Yeah," Corran comforted the embarrassed teen. "I mean… a guy your age… I did it all the time back then, too."

"What the HELL are we talking about?!" Swaq demanded, "I thought this was a PG13 show! You can’t be talking about this kind of thing!"

"Singing in the shower," Han explained, arching an eyebrow. "What did you think we were talking about?"

Swaq felt Highly Awkward.

<a href="index.php?page=topicview&type=findpost&id=81698&postcount=4">The Mac-Trix</a>, <a href="Star Wars Epics - View Profile: Davin Corros">Davin Corros</a>

Posted
Rating:
Site director

It would be amazing to someone less jaded or experienced in dealing with such people as were in this room tonight could eventually be lulled into being taken hostage as was the plan for the night, but Daiman Sirana had been around these types his entire life and knew how easy a distraction for such as set up would be. Sycophantic fools all of them. The wealthiest and most influential of Bakuran citizenry falling over themselves and each other in order to garner the favor that would help increase their own personal fortunes. He found it hard to care about what happened to most of them in the coming weeks. Other than the younger children and those who were sided with their cause, their fate whatever it may be, was a deserved one.

<a href="Star Wars Epics - View Profile: Daiman Sirana">Daiman Sirana</a>, <a href="Bakura: Shadows of the New Order(CLOSED) - Page 3 - Star Wars Epics">Bakura: Shadows of the New Order</a>

Posted
Rating:
Site director

It was as if his tiredness flapped away, a new-found fountain of strength. Luke’s hand wandered to his weapon and with one thought Corran was holding his own fully functional double-sided lightsaber. Without igniting it, Corran’s growl was threat enough. "Don’t challenge me, Halcyon. This time no Lord Sythis will be here to stop me. Go to your room now. In the morning we’ll meet for a mission briefing. And then you can prove, if you are a worthy apprentice for our Master."

<a href="Star Wars Epics - View Profile: Corran Antilles">Corran Antilles</a> <a href="The Return of the Sith - Page 2 - Star Wars Epics">Return of the Sith</a>

Posted
Rating:
Site director

June 18-25, 2006

She'd never been truly shot before. Getting hit in the back of the thigh while trying to haul Crash to safety had almost done her in. Even now, the burning agony was so intense she wanted to saw off her own leg. She'd managed to get Crash to a dark alley and a hiding place, was determined beyond a doubt that she had to protect him. She had to protect him, would see him safe if it cost her her own life. Looking at the unconscious figure on the bed, a terrible, fierce purpose filled her chest, hot and feverish, an overwhelming feeling of affection; she would not let anyone hurt him, she would not let him rot in some Nar Shaddaa prison cell, or wind up as some Hutt's slave boy, or be shipped out to some Republic interrogation room.

<a href="Star Wars Epics - View Profile: Iris Kieral">Iris Kieral</a>, <a href="index.php?page=topicview&id=948">Reclaiming the Hunter</a>

Posted
Rating:
Site director

June 26 - July 8, 2006

Stiffly, he reached out and took hold of his blaster. He didn't look back at Idanski as he stood. His gaze was focused on Karis, still slumped unconcious in a nearby seat. He checked her pulse with two blood covered fingers, leaving dark red smears on her neck. She was alive, but probably in shock. He situated her so she was sitting in a more comfortable looking position, then went looking through the contents of the medkit. Most of the items it had held were spattered and smeared with blood. Deran ignored it, grabbed a stim patch and another injector. After his fight to save Idanski, stabilizing Karis was mercifully simple. He sat next to her, staring at the seat in front of him. Roschak was right, he thought, What a fraking mess.

<a href="Star Wars Epics - View Profile: Maxwell Gandel">Maxwell, Gandel</a>, <a href="The Lost Fleet Returns - Page 10 - Star Wars Epics">The Lost Fleet Returns</a>

Posted
Rating:
Site director

July 9 - 29, 2006

"Can I get a little help here?"
     Tacita whirled around to find Noah attempting to open another half-closed door, this one apparently leading toward the hangar.
     "What’s the matter, can’t do a little lifting?" she asked as she crouched down beside him. "Jelt got the front door open all by herself."
     "Have you seen her? She’s probably more machine now than man. Or woman…"
     Tacita laughed. "True," she answered and slid her fingers under the door, adding her efforts to his own.
     "Is that you or me?" Noah asked after a moment, wrinkling his nose.
     "You. I’m fresh as an aura blossom."
     Noah emitted something between a chuckle and a grunt. "Don’t make me laugh."

<a href="Star Wars Epics - View Profile: Tacita Darklighter">Tacita Darklighter</a>, <a href="index.php?page=topicview&type=findpost&id=98306&postcount=32">Culture Clash: Drama on Dathomir</a>

Posted
Rating:
Site director

July 30-August 14

Hurling the comlink away, Rinehart quickly snatched up his blaster pistol. As he did so, his eyes fell upon the Ibliton painting. "It’s only a painting," he snarled to himself as he stared at it. Thankfully, there wasn’t any of that movement or changing of colors on the painting as he recalled from the night before. "I could blow you away with one squeeze of the trigger," Rinehart hissed as he impulsively aimed his pistol at the painting, "and not even think twice about it."

<i>Impudence! You would dare raise your cowardly hand to me?</i>

"You don’t exist," Rinehart grated, the aim of his pistol wavering.

<i>It is your pathetic existence that I could choose to eliminate.</I>

<a href="index.php?page=topicview&type=findpost&id=102877&postcount=64">The Apocalypse Begins</a>, <a href="Star Wars Epics - View Profile: ISB Agent">ISB Agent</a>

Posted
Rating:
Site director

August 15-27, 2006

"Ah," Sam nodded, affecting a serious expression as she reached to caress a freshly shaven cheek. "Good thing you showered first."

"What!?" Han asked with mock horror, and proceeded to poke her in the ribs under her arms. Sam yelped and tried to pull away but he held her fast, unwilling to let go. "Wow, you’re strong," he commented as her struggles subsided.

The former gladiator shrugged, offering a small smile but no explanation.

Now Han’s expression grew somber. "I missed you, you know. So much…"

Sam smiled, gazing into his green eyes. "I missed you too."

<a href="Star Wars Epics - View Profile: Samantha Koortyn">Samantha Koortyn</a>, <a href="index.php?page=topicview&id=1766">A Tale of Two Syndicates</a>

Posted
Rating:
Site director

August 28- Septmber 24

"N-Niobe…" Split groaned, almost as inaudible as a whisper. He was barely able to speak, much less move. The numbness in his arm brought forth fears that he might have broken something. His thoughts, however, faded to blackness as he began to black out.

She stood now to her full height and watched as her master, Sivan, and the other Sith pursued the Jedi on foot. The sight couldn't help but make her smile. Another victory for the Sith… she thought to herself. Sivan will be pleased.

"Save your breath, brother. I have a feeling that you are going to need it."

<a href="Star Wars Epics - View Profile: Aria Drake">Split Infinity</a>, <a href="The Return of the Sith - Page 5 - Star Wars Epics">Revenge of the Sith</a>

Posted
Rating:
Site director
Corran Antilles is in the usergroup ‘Administrators’

September 25 - October 2

"A droid, a smuggler, a gambler, and Jedi in a junk yard… There's a joke in this somewhere." he mused aloud. Of course he knew his appearance would probably be fairly odd as well, a two-meter tall spacer with a cat perched on his shoulder wasn't exactly menacing. As if to punctuate the absurdity of it the Kushiban mewed again drawing the attention of the droid, as it started to turn he hefted his blaster up and drew a bead on it,

Devon Vos Ships are Very Expensive

Posted
Rating:
Site director

October 3 - 9, 2006

His eyes narrowed. “Thanks for the vote of confidence.”

“You want confidence? See a therapist.” She gave him a fake smile when he almost glared at her. “Look, Antilles, I’m tired. I’ve been up since dawn…” she glanced at her wrist chrono, “yesterday. I finally wrapped up a case last night, only to get this one.” She omitted the fact that she volunteered for this assignment.

“Well, less than six hours ago all I had to worry about was my lecture. Now I’m Suspect Number One in probably the most flashy murder of the year.”

Petra Williams, The Da Vader Code

Posted
Rating:
Site director

October 9-15, 2006

Minutes later, Lieutanant Tol entered with the prisoner and threw him in front of Commander Kesa. The sandtroopers roughly forced him to his knees. The prisoner was bruised and bloody, his shabby flightsuit caked in sand and mud. Kesa had no doubt that Tol himself had inflicted the damage on this miserable excuse for a Rebel pilot. Energy cuffs kept him confined, like a terrified peasant groveling for mercy before his king.

<a href="Star Wars Epics - View Profile: Admiral Dodonna">Admiral Dodonna</a>, <a href="Broken Vacation-A White Shadow Mission - Star Wars Epics">Broken Vacation</a>

Posted
Rating:
Site director
Corran Antilles is in the usergroup ‘Administrators’

October 16 - 22, 2006

Then again, Mace Windu was well known for his ability to fight using the Dark Side. So strong was his devotion to the Light, that he could use the power of anger and rage while remembering his teachings. Master Windu was strong, of course, but was he not stronger? So much training and discipline on a frozen wasteland would no doubt give him the strength to return to the Light should he use the Dark Side to aid him now. Besides, the Dark Side would be easy to draw upon on Vjun. The entire planet reeked of its presence. Geo’s eyes suddenly lit up in realization, and it became clear. If the Sith weren’t going to return his Padawans willingly, then he was going to take them back, and rip apart anyone who stood in his way.

<p align="right"><a href="Star Wars Epics - View Profile: Geo Bak'e">Geo Bak'e</a>, <a href="index.php?page=topicview&id=941">The Return of the Sith</a><p>
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.