Rebel/New Republic Wisdom

Posted
Rating:
"Little Willy"<br>Ninja Potato<br>...Moffbunnies?<br>Oh, all right! Put some peas in.

Re: Rebel/New Republic Wisdom

Government is too big and too important to be left to the politicians.
Chester Bowles

The basis of a democratic state is liberty.
Aristotle

In the truest sense, freedom cannot be bestowed; it must be achieved.
Franklin D. Roosevelt

Never confuse complexity for depth
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Site director
Corran Antilles is in the usergroup ‘Administrators’

What has destroyed liberty and the rights of men in every government
that has ever existed under the sun? The generalizing and concentrating
of all cares and powers into one body.

Thomas Jefferson

Posted
Rating:
Mother of Soldiers<br>I must go to the war, darling, they won’t start without me.

If you are going through hell, keep going.
- Churchill

Posted
Rating:

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.
John Stuart Mill
English economist & philosopher (1806 - 1873)

Posted
Rating:
Site staff
Gavin V. Thayer is in the usergroup ‘Super-moderators’

"Never give in–never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.''–Winston Churchill

Posted
Rating:

"This is not the end! Two years ago, the Yuuzhan Vong entered our galaxy. They came not as friends and equals, though we would gladly have welcomed them as such, but as thieves and conquerors. They saw the galaxy at peace and mistook the strengh of our convictions for frailty of arms, and wisdom of compromise for the timity of cowards. They attacked without provocation or mercy, slaying billions of our citizens, enslaving entire worlds, and sacrificing millions of beings to appease the bloodlust of their imaginary gods. They believed we would be easily defeated, because they believed we would yield without a fight. They were wrong. We have fought at Dubrillion, Ithor, the Black Bantha, Borleias, and Corellia. We have fought them every leg of the way from the Outer Rim into the Core. We have lost untold numbers of loved ones, my own son Anakin and my husband's dear friend Chewbacca among them, and now we are battling in the skies over Coruscant itself. We are still fighting. Soon the enemy will be on our rooftops, in our homes, roaming the dark underlayers of our city. To those able to evacuate and to those trapped behind, I say the same thing I would tell my twins were I able to reach them behind enemy lines: Keep fighting. This is not the end. Twice already, Jedi-led forces have decimated Yuuzhan Vong fleets, and we enter each battle with new weapons and better tactics. We have prevailed against ruthless enimes before, against Palpatine, against Thrawn, against the Ssi-ruuk. This war we know how to win. Keep fighting until you can fight no longer, then exhaust the enemy chasing you, and turn to fight some more. Keep fighting. I promise you, we will prevail.""
Leia Organa Solo "Star by Star

Posted
Rating:
Mother of Soldiers<br>I must go to the war, darling, they won’t start without me.

Don't make love by the garden gate, love is blind but the neighbors ain't.

-anonymous

Posted
Rating:
New Republic Intelligence<br> I'll kill you with this fraking tray<br>Feles Mala!<br> I <3 Sammiches!

Heh.  I like that, but I like your wine & men one better.

Quod Me Nutrit, Me Destruit

Posted
Rating:

OK then, taste another hero:

The gods gave men an easy life,
which they then spoiled by seeking wealth.

-Diogenes

Posted
Rating:
Panther, Han Hunter<br>aka Tyanni Ventyra<br>wheeeee, I have poetical pants

"To the violent, violence is the only argument they understand. Justice they understand, but only when it is administered from strength."

-Louis L'Amour

Posted
Rating:
Weissguy

Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn't drink this beer, they might be out of work
and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver.

- Jack Handy

Posted
Rating:
Site director
Corran Antilles is in the usergroup ‘Administrators’

Liberty means responsibility. That is why most men dread it.
George Bernard Shaw  

Posted
Rating:

“The revolution ate its children”

Maximilien Francois Robespierre

Posted
Rating:

"Those who profess to favor freedom and yet depreciate agitation, are people who want crops without ploughing the ground; they want rain without thunder and lightning; they want the ocean without the roar of its many waters. The struggle may be a moral one, or it may be a physical one, or it may be both. But it must be a struggle. Power concedes nothing without a demand; it never has and it never will."

- Frederick Douglass

Nil Desperandum!

Posted
Rating:
Math's Epicsopher<br>Evil Kneivel

Freedom, governmental freedom, does not go hand in hand with personal freedom: we choose that path ourselves, and rid the people and things in our way so we can enjoy that personal freedom.

• Myself.

Mercenary with a crew, warrior with a heart

Posted
Rating:
Standard member
Traven Dunn is in the usergroup ‘Newbie’

"Your generic TIE grunt is just plain suicidal. And the TIE Defender jockey is bloodthirsty. But the TIE Interceptor pilot, he's suicidal and bloodthirsty. When you see a squad of those maniacs flying your way, you'd better hope your hyperdrive is operational."
―Kyle Katarn

*smirks*

Posted
Rating:
Standard member
Mischa Margolin is in the usergroup ‘Local hero’

Not skerred.

Posted
Rating:
Stay frosty.<BR>And now I will kill you<br>until you die!!

I don't care about my hyperdrive. As long as I've got blasters, I'm happy.

Posted
Rating:

Those who deny freedom to others deserve it not for themselves.  

~Abraham Lincoln

Nil Desperandum!

Posted
Rating:

"We shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds,
we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills."

- Winston S. Churchill

1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.