Roads? We don't need roads.

Posted
Rating:
#271614 (In Topic #15757)
Title will be changed when appropriate, but for now, an idea for Mirrorworld. :D

Description:
Over fifty years the galaxy has changed.  For millenia the Senate ruled the galaxy from its seat on Coruscant, but some could see the political troubles it was having.  Worlds focused more on corporate development made a power grab and left the last Chancellor with no power.  The rest, as they say, is history as the Clone Wars started with the Battle of Geonosis.  They ended three years later, leaving Emperor Palpatine with nearly supreme power.  And then, the Rebellion and the Galactic Civil War.

History.  Time.  They say one can only view it with hindsight.  But what if it wasn't?  Could you fix history's errors?  Would you fix history's errors?  Some say time is a river that flows dependably in one direction.  But, is it?

What's the worst that could happen?

Background:
13 ABY: Explosions happen at both Imperial and Republic shipyards, as simultaneous as one can get with nearly a galaxy in between, with only an hour of Galactic Standard Time in between.  Absolution takes credit for both.

13-15 ABY: Series of terrorist strikes against military, political, and civilian targets over a period of three years.  These range from attacks to assassinations to theft to espionage.  Absolution always has a message of why they targeted what they did.

15 ABY: In a clandestine alliance, the Imperial Intelligence Community and the New Republic Intelligence Community form Task Force 194 to identify, track, and capture or kill the major players of Absolution.

15-17 ABY: As Absolution continues its campaign, Task Force 194 identifies the command structure and network of Absolution.  Through this time, they make no arrests of major players to avoid drawing attention to the fact that they've learned what they have.

17 ABY: Simultaneous raids on Absolution Command: Coruscant, and Absolution Command: Bastion at 2100 hours Galactic Standard Time.  Major leaders are captured or killed.  However, in the background of the Coruscant raid, a wing of the New Republic Senate is blown up.  An explosion of bright light overtakes the raid, all characters black out.

18 BBY: Thirty five years in the past, all characters wake up to find Absolution leadership gone.  Gaping hole is in side of building as they overlook Coruscant skyline and old, intact Galactic Senate.  Task Force 194 Objective Reset, Prevent Absolution from changing the future.

Player Characters:
Garrett Mendal - Former Imperial and New Republic spy, retired.  Contracted to Task Force 194.  Director of undercover field operations.

Corran Antilles - Commanding officer, Rogue Squadron.  Evidence of a Jedi Member of Absolution discovered in late 15 ABY.  Corran Antilles assigned to Task Force 194 to advise.

Aria Drake - Imperial Security Bureau Agent assigned to Task Force 194.  Director of field operations.

Cayenne Rudal - Pilot of Jade Squadron.  Jade Squadron is the New Republic squadron assigned to Task Force 194 tasked with general general air support ranging from transport, to securing air space for raids, to transporting and extracting assault teams in hot landing zones.  If it involves flying and it needs to be done, they do it.

Traven Dunn - Group Captain of Imperial Squadron assigned to Task Force 194.

Byron Duval - Former Imperial Pilot who transferred to Imperial Security Bureau after injury in 9 ABY.  Field Agent assigned to Task Force 194.

Major NPCs:
Ira Park - "The Lady".  Emperor's Hand.  Rumored to be so cold-hearted she killed her own twin sister.  Investigates the explosion where the characters wake up.  Main Imperial contact point.

Taylor Hesse - Bail Organa's Chief of Staff.  Main Senate and, when appropriate, rebel, contact point.

Judith Quintero - Leader of Absolution.  A charismatic speaker.  Modern methods allow her to disguise her looks and voice as she gives her speeches after attacks, though she always looks the same.

Maya - Absolution terrorist.  A light sided jedi who views Absolution as a legitimate third side of the Galactic Civil War.  Note: She is not in charge of Absolution. (Controller: Garrett)

Minor NPCs:
Curtis - Ex-Special Forces soldier.  Recruited by Judith Quintero before the initial bombings.

Gabriel - Ex-Special Forces soldier.  Partner to Curtis, recruited at the same time by Judith Quintero.

Panwar - Talented con artist, joined Absolution's cause of own volition.

Nora - Trained doctor and field medic.  Experienced in research.  Inspired to join due to being forced into unethical research practices.

Lance - Security and infiltration expert.  This is who Absolution goes to to figure out how to crack an installation's security.

Reyes - Former Imperial soldier, held high non-comissioned rank before retirement.

Aside:
This is an idea for a story to take place in Mirrorworld.  The story would start with the raid in 17 ABY.  Those interested in controlling a bad guy along with their good guy will have the option of a blank slate for a terrorist to model reasonably so.  They will be listed under Major NPCs, while generic ones will be listed under Minor NPCs.  If there's no controller under a major NPC, then they can be used as needed.  All that would be in the OP for character descriptions are the one sentence descriptions you see above, more descriptive examples will be posted as an example.  Feel free to make your bad guys formidable in their own right, whatever their talents are, as they're the ones we won't be catching quickly.  We've got to work for them.  

Given it's Mirrorworld and alternate histories are fair game, if you choose to do so with your main PC we ask that you provide the same for them in this thread. :D

The raid in 17 ABY will more than likely have more people in it than starting PCs so if anybody is ever interested in joining there is the option to jump in.  And if life gets busy, there is no pressure to stay with this for more priority things.

Who's interested?

Chance favors the prepared mind.
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Site director
Corran Antilles is in the usergroup ‘Administrators’

Re: Roads? We don't need roads.

Count me in.

Posted
Rating:

Name: Maya
Height: 6'3"
Weight: 168 lbs
Birthplace: Alderaan   
Hair: Blue, dyed(can be re-dyed)
Eyes: Grey
Skin: White
Distinguishing characteristic: Blue tattoo down left arm (can be covered in clothing or makeup)
Lifestyle: Spartan
Family: Unknown, likely dead
Favored Weapon: Lightsaber, Hand to Hand
Trained In: Blaster, Vibroblade, Tradecraft

Background: Maya is a Jedi that joined Absolution due to her dislike of the Galactic Civil War and her want for its end.  She sees their cause as a legitimate third side to the war as opposed to a terrorist cause.  For all that she is a Jedi, they have still trained her in traditional weaponry for the occasional times that she is stuck without her lightsaber.  She has also been trained in the kind of tradecraft that lets them pass information amongst their cells without revealing identities and information they do not need to know to each other.  This made her a particularly challenging target for Garrett, Aria, and Corran to identify without revealing themselves.

Posted
Rating:
Standard member
Aria Drake is in the usergroup ‘Newbie’

Hey Garrett….didn't you forget someone?

Posted
Rating:

I was waiting for a post.  There….

Posted
Rating:
Standard member

Well then.....count me in. :)

Posted
Rating:

There aren't enough feisty redheads involved yet, so I want to join. ;) Guess I could be your I'm-willing-to-pilot-anything member. And I'm a pretty good shot.

"I'd tell you to kiss my ass, but I'm pretty sure you'd fall in love, and then I'd never get rid of you."

Posted
Rating:

Cayenne Rudal said

There aren't enough feisty redheads involved yet, so I want to join. ;) Guess I could be your I'm-willing-to-pilot-anything member. And I'm a pretty good shot.
Added the basic description to the OP based on the PMs.

Posted
Rating:
Standard member
Traven Dunn is in the usergroup ‘Newbie’

Well, I think the story needs more Imperial. I am in.

Posted
Rating:

Fun times, added you to the list.

Posted
Rating:

Damn, look at that pilot complement you've got going. Awesome. :)

If there's room, I'll toss my name in the hat, with a minor bio change specifically for this story. Instead of turning to bridge officerhood after crashing in 9 ABY, I ended up in the ISB. With only 6 years experience under my belt by 15 ABY, I'd probably have to prove myself somewhat as part of the field ops group in the task force over the next two years, working my way up until I reach the position of right-hand man to the lovely Agent Drake.

Posted
Rating:

Cool.

I have a few basic ideas I'll pass around and see what they get fine tuned into. :D

Posted
Rating:
Standard member

You use the "lovely" when describing a superior officer, Byron? Well…..flattery will get you everywhere. :D

Let the fun begin Garrett….can't wait to get started.

Posted
Rating:
Site director
Corran Antilles is in the usergroup ‘Administrators’

I like the ideas you sent, Garrick.

Question is, if the Empire would be informed immediately. Or if the Republic would ask for help, while grinding their teeth.

Posted
Rating:

I think they'd both be grinding their teeth for some time.  Those are the two to three years you see between the initial bombings and the formation of Task Force 194.  The Task Force is definitively an alliance of Imperial and Republic personnel because they both have an interest to see this group taken down.

Posted
Rating:
Standard member

I read your PM as well, Mr. Mendal.

Will the assault teams fly air attacks or be more in charge that nobody escapes with a ship or speeder?

Posted
Rating:

In my mind there's no attacks perse, but, there will be a few fighters securing the airspace before the assault teams get dropped on the roof.  They'd turn the area around them into a no-fly zone and watch for the escaping ship or speeder(which can happen).  To get Traven and Spice on the ground they'd have to fly the transports with the teams I think(or not if you guys have a way around it).  I'd leave that to you and Spice to have a field day with while me and Corran have fun with our part, and so forth.

Posted
Rating:
Standard member

As long as I don't have to fly this bucket called X-Wing. *smirks*

Posted
Rating:

Is the Y-Wing preferred? >.>

Posted
Rating:
Standard member

*glares* I would prefer a propeller cap.
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.