Timeline Discussion

Posted
Rating:
Standard member
Marcus Arete is in the usergroup ‘Old timer’

In what setting do we want to write?

So I love this time period, but Jedi and Sith seem problematic at best, or are we going to edit to allow before the "awakening".  Are they on the down low and in hiding?>
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Site staff
Gavin V. Thayer is in the usergroup ‘Super-moderators’
The Sith will always have Korriban/Moraband, along with fanatics/followers like the Acolytes of the Beyond. I think fratricide between Sith and Snoke would be interesting. I'm thinking that the Jedi Praxeum on Yavin 4 can still be in existence, but for younglings, padawaans, and Knights. Those particularly strong in the Force or selected to be Jedi Masters would be at Luke Skywalker's Jedi Temple on Ahch-To.

Posted
Rating:
Standard member
Always full of helpful info Gavin, thanks.

So I got Marcus' profile in, and I'm working on piecing together the other three.  I got John pretty well down, but Luke and Kabal are a mess, or at least my records are anyway.  Still working on them.

So when do we want to get this ball rolling?

Posted
Rating:
Site director
Corran Antilles is in the usergroup ‘Administrators’
And after all, it's still Epics. We are not bound to the absolute Canon. 

I think the Jedi, Skywalker trained, will be still around, even when he disappeared. They will be no army like in old times, but some like Corran will still work for Republic and/or Resistance. 

I have to update my bio(s) too.

Posted
Rating:
Site staff
I hate when I get my wires crossed–sure you want me to review bios, Sam? So there was a Jedi Temple on Ahch-to that Luke explored, but it's not the temple he trained the Jedi at, but Ahch-to was were he went into hidden exile.

Posted
Rating:
Standard member
Renn Haythorn is in the usergroup ‘Regular’
Hi everyone. Hope everyone is well,. I think we have seem to have a consensus about the time period we want to write in? Anyone had any thoughts on the storyline/scenario? Political unrest on an outlying planet? Original I know. Also are you guys going to reform Rogue squadron? Just wondering what peoples thoughts are on what different factions (Political/military/criminal/jedi?) are going to be in play in the story?

Posted
Rating:
Site staff
One story I'm trying to plan out is one that will cause our characters to reunite on Hosnian Prime. Gavin will have a chance encounter with First Order scout ships, but his report will be dismissed by HQ. Others on Hosnian Prime take a greater interest in Gavin's report, and he is ordered back to the planet. There, Gavin will offered a chance to undertake a mission that will test whether the concept of covert military force–a "proto Resistance" if you will–is feasible. Other possible scenarios are military/intelligence/scouts coming into knowledge of the possible return of Thrawn (we are in the era of the Hand of Thrawn books) and needing to get that intelligence to the New Republic High Command, and smuggler/trader coming into possession of a Jedi artifact, which would not only attract the attention of Skywalker/Lor San Tekka, but also agent in the employ of Snoke and any remaining Sith/Dark Siders.

Posted
Rating:
Site director
Corran Antilles is in the usergroup ‘Administrators’
Sounds like a good idea. 

Posted
Rating:
Standard member
Renn Haythorn is in the usergroup ‘Regular’
I'm alive! Although super busy. I like the sound of your story outline Gavin. I see plenty of ways for my characters to be involved.

Posted
Rating:
Standard member
I can definitely see Marcus getting involved in this

Posted
Rating:
Standard member
Johnathan Claw is in the usergroup ‘Regular’
Added my profile to the forums.  Hopefully I can get involved as well
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.