Site staff
Gavin V. Thayer is in the usergroup ‘Super-moderators’
Just in time for Veteran's Day!
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Standard member
Marcus Arete is in the usergroup ‘Old timer’
Post is in the private channel for viewing.  Sam I think i invited you too, but if I didn't, I can post it or email it to you.

Posted
Rating:
Site director
Samantha Koortyn is in the usergroup ‘Administrators’
I saw it and replied. :)

Posted
Rating:
Standard member
posted.

added a paragraph, and I think two lines for you Sam.

Posted
Rating:
Site staff
Good job, Marcus. I'll post mine on Sunday. I want to give it the once-over since it is my first attempt at a first-person narrative. I'll also post the next one after that, with Gavin on Foroest prepping for the mission and learning that Marcus has said no to Troutman's proposal.

Posted
Rating:
Site staff
And posted! Lot shorter than I realized, and I plan to revert back to third-person narrative in the follow up on Foroest. The whole rah-rah fire and idealism segment comes from The Rebel Files, and was a message Mon Mothma had sent to Princess Leia way back when.

Posted
Rating:
Standard member
Nice Post Gavin!

Posted
Rating:
Standard member
Gavin, you're still up to post next right?

Posted
Rating:
Site staff
Yes, I am. I'm sorry, but the holiday season hasn't been real conducive for writing.

Posted
Rating:
Site staff
Merry Christmas! Gavin on Foerost, and learning that his mission is kaput for the time being. Apologies for it taking so long.

Posted
Rating:
Standard member
No worries, the holidays took all time from me, and I'm just seeing this now.  excited to read.

Posted
Rating:
Standard member
It was great Gavin, loved the coded speak.  I'll start working on my next two parter.

Posted
Rating:
Standard member
Hey Gavin, I'm stuck on the post.

I know our original thought was to have Marcus come to the town, but I think with him meeting Troutman delayed that, and he'd miss the atttack.  What do you think of Marcus chasing after the first order ship and mounting a rescue?  Or would the first order set up a camp on the surface to sort people fiorst.  What are your thoughts?

personally I'd prefer to keep it on planet, but I'm not seeing what would keep them there.  Maybe setting up an impromtu brothel with the kidnapped women?  Been trying to solve this one for a while.

Posted
Rating:
Site staff
When we last left Marcus, he was at home waiting for Mabby and Maven's return. As the hours pass, I'm assuming Marcus begins to grow worried especially if he can't raise them on the comlink (electronic jamming of communication network by proto-First Order). Don't know how far you've progressed in your post, but what if Marcus hears explosions in distance, rushes out onto porch of his homestead, and sees smoke rising into skies in the vicinity of town? Marcus rushes to grab his blasters, and must choose mode of transport: Your Uulshos yacht, or your trusty fathier (Please, please choose fathier! Marcus can cavalry charge into town, clenching reins in his teeth with blasters in both hands blazing away at stormtroopers)?
Arriving in town, Marcus sees the death and destruction–Sohen is dead, among others–and AAL transports are lifting off, except for one last ship still loading.  Perhaps Marcus sees an item belonging to Mabby or Maven on the ground, and he hopes they are aboard it? Marcus attacks, and the FO troopers are no match for him. Marcus discovers Mabby and Maven are not aboard, but the ship contains a load of frightened children. Marcus realizes that they can't remain in town, so he decides to try to fly the AAL back to his homestead. Proto-First Order tracks Marcus there, and TIEs strafe/bomb homestead, but Marcus has sheltered children in tunnels. Marcus still has communicator Troutman gave him, so he can use that to signal for help. Enemy com-scan will undoubtedly pick that up, which will force their retreat so that their presence will not be discovered. Troutman answers signal, and Marcus can tell him what happened, and that Mabby and Maven have been abducted. Troutman says he will send help, and this could be where Marcus says he's back in fight. Marcus will also tell Troutman about the children. When help finally arrives, this can be where Troutman gives Marcus his instructions to fly to Batuu.

Does this help?

Posted
Rating:
Site staff
More thoughts–

Space brothels: Not on Safehaven, since the raid is essentially the proto-First Order taking what they want, then killing and destroying what they don't need, but General Brendol Hux is known to be a real degenerate, so the brothel/prostitution angle could be explored. I also mentioned the idea of a crazy Sith Eternal breeding program on Exegol in the Imperial storyboard thread, so that could be an idea to kick around as well.

Posted
Rating:
Standard member
Well we already established that the nearest town is 45 minutes away, which is a bit much for a Rathier, so i'll either edit that post or figure out something as equally as cool.

My apologies for the delay.  Remember when we were kids and thought "when I'm older I can do whatever I want", lol oh how wrong we were.

Posted
Rating:
Site staff
45 minutes of driving, from your post on Nov. 14 . . . . I guess it is Uulshos time.

Although in my defense, I will note we are roleplaying in the Disney canon, so it is expected that things that are written will contract each other, preferably within the same sentence.

Posted
Rating:
Site staff
More random Gavin thoughts:

Marcus, we should have established the fact that you had a Mobquet M-68 landspeeder with the 289 hi-rep generator in your underground man-cave during your call to Sam Koortyn. You discovered it rotting away on Safehaven, and dragged it back to the homestead to tinker on during your spare time.

So what about this idea: It is getting late in the day, and you are starting to wonder about Mabby and Maven. That's when you receive a call over the comlink from them, and they are frantic with fright. The connection is somewhat spotty, and their message is somewhat garbled before the transmission is blocked by what you recognize as an Imperial jamming pattern. You feel the ground tremble, which you recognize as exploding ordnance. As you rush out to the front porch, you see smoke rising in the air, signs that other homesteads and hamlets are being attacked. Grabbing your blasters, you rush out to the tunnels/man-cave, where you have to make a decision: yacht or speeder? The Uulshos will take some time to disconnect the power couplings and run up the engines, but the ship will have a blaster and shields, or the speeder, not quite tuned-up but ready to go. You choose the speeder, and race toward Mabby and Maven's last known location. As you pilot the speeder, you push it to the redline, and the repulsorlift generator and turbines make an eerie wail. The proto-First Order troopers will find it particularly unnerving as you approach, and you use that to your advantage when you begin your one-man counter-aatack.

Note: Gavin will retain exclusive rights to the M-70 speeder with the 429 Hutt generator, as well as the M-72 model with the 351 Coronet generator.

Posted
Rating:
Standard member
While I don't think i'll use your ideas verbatim, you just gave me a spectacular idea.  I'm officially inspired.
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.