Past quotes of the week

Posted
Rating:
Site director
Corran Antilles is in the usergroup ‘Administrators’

Re: Past quotes of the week

October 23 - 31, 2006

The woman's jaw cinched tight and she inhaled a hissed breath. The liquid entering her vein was cold and it stung like hell the way a sting from the tentacle of a jellyfish felt as it raked across naked flesh. In an instant, the stinging was gone, replaced by an overall feeling of utter relaxation. Had it not been for the straps keeping her body held firm against the table, she would have collapsed to the floor. Her eyes began to droop, as if fighting off sleep that had been needed. The interrogator's face became blurred and the bright lights appeard to have fuzzy halos around them. It was like seeing celestial beings at the hour of death. The man nodded and the table was laid back and locked into position, leaving Gabriella prone to their torturous desires.

<a href="Star Wars Epics - View Profile: Gabriella">Gabriella Nerys</a>, <a href="index.php?page=topicview&id=4452">Chapter Two: The Lost Fleet Returns</a>
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Site director

November 1 - 6, 2006

Luckily for Talon, the second shot found its mark. The bolt crashed into a power generator that was bolted securely into the side of the street, causing a notable explosion that produced enough force to wrench Talon's pistol from his hand and hurl him a good distance back where he would make a fairly rough landing on his right shoulder. Talon was right handed. Of course.

<a href="Star Wars Epics - View Profile: Janus Talon">Janus Talon</a>, <a href="Moneyland - Star Wars Epics">Moneyland</a>

Posted
Rating:
Site director
Samantha Koortyn is in the usergroup ‘Administrators’

November 7-13, 2006

The Sienar Systems Model 34 Multipurpose Control Module was a simple piece of reliable engineering designed with ease of repair and low cost in mind, which means the design team cut corners somewhere. Somewhere was the security interface. Theoretically, it was simple to add a lock down module to the Model 34. You ran a pair of wires from the security module to pins 21 and 22 and then made sure it spoke the M34’s simple, elegant language. There was a critical flaw in the design: the default, grounded state was on. If you grounded the pin 22 wire, you were granted full access to the chip. Morgan giggled.

The freight car was slowly picking up speed in the sense that cooling tar picks up speed flowing downhill. She banged on the wall behind her in celebration.

“I rule!” she yelled into the metal.

<a href="Star Wars Epics - View Profile: Morgan Evanar">Morgan Evanar</a>, <a href="index.php?page=topicview&id=3373">Ships Are Very Expensive</a>

Posted
Rating:
Site director

November 14-26, 2006

Mela sighed and buried her face in her hands, her elbows resting on the table in her quarters. She could feel cracks appearing in her loyalty to the New Republic. She brushed a strand of grimy hair off her face and turned back to the datacard with Crash’s letter on it. They’d had a great adventure, running amuck amid Coruscant’s skyscrapers. She was going to miss him.

<a href="Star Wars Epics - View Profile: Mela Roch">Mela Roch</a>, <a href="index.php?page=topicview&id=1561">Rebuilding the Rogues</a>

Posted
Rating:
Site director

November 27 - December 4, 2006

Cal was silent for a while as the rest of the squadron celebrated. They had done it. Their first combat mission, as impromptu as it was, had been a success with all objectives acheived. He had had his doubts when this roller coaster ride had begun, but now he knew that the pilots that he had left with on Coruscant were not the pilots returning there now. They had been cast into the fires as confused amatuers and had emerged on the other side as tempered weapons of destruction. They were no longer recruits, or newbies or rookies… They were Rogues.

"Ok, now we can go home." Cal said.

<a href="Star Wars Epics - View Profile: Cal Stravin">Cal Stravin</a>, <a href="index.php?page=topicview&id=1561">Rebuilding the Rogues</a>

Posted
Rating:
Site director

December 4-25, 2006

Like demons of air and darkness the TIEs appeared in the sky above the part of the town, where the insurgents were barricading themselves, causing trouble for the Grunts. Knowing that their own troops were waiting for their arrival already, the bombing started without any warning.

In only ten minutes their work was done, the target area a desert of burning ruins. The combined squadrons flew another circle over Salis D’aar, demonstrating the dominance of the Empire. One purpose-built TIE opened its bomb bay and thousands of propaganda pamphlets were raining down to the streets. Soon all citizen would know that it was for their own good to co-operate with their new government.

<a href="Star Wars Epics - View Profile: Traven Dunn">Traven Dunn</a>, <a href="index.php?page=topicview&id=1565">Bakura: Shadows of the New Order</a>

Posted
Rating:
Site director

December 26, 2006 - January 30, 2007

“Who are you?” Her voice dripped like poison and it too sounded dead. “You are not of the Savat. But do not answer. Let your nameless sword do the talking, if it may. No weapon has ever stood against Parnak, weapon of the Mace Wielder, Zarkot the Green. I shall let you feel my poison.” Her teeth parted in a wide grimace as she swung the double mace in a blinding circle, but once again Gavin felt strangely detached. It was not an adrenaline rush, as he had felt in battles alongside the Resisters. It was a sort of calm. For a brief moment he thought it might be because of the weapon in his hands, and then he heard the Zarnan’s words. He felt wild, suddenly, and that was strange for quiet, thoughtful Gavin. Lifting his sword, he laughed at the enemy.

“You would do well not to boast so, Zarkot!”

<a href="Star Wars Epics - View Profile: Jelt">Jelt</a>, <a href="From Sunfall - Star Wars Epics">Sunfall excerpt</a> (not SW)

Posted
Rating:
Site director

January 31 - February 28, 2007

Captain Antilles continued to speak, but Cyan's mind had flown elsewhere. She wondered how those pilots would react; she hadn't had much time to bond with them but they weren't bad pilots. In fact, they were good… she had to suppress a sigh. At least some of their choices had passed Antilles's test. Cyan didn't know what she would do if he had rejected them all…

Or if he had rejected her…

<a href="Star Wars Epics - View Profile: Cyan Madine">Cyan Madine</a>, <a href="index.php?page=topicview&id=1561">Rebuilding the Rogues</a>

Posted
Rating:
Site director

March 1-4, 2007

Folding her arms over her stomach, she tapped them, then let out a curse. “Frak, there’s no way in the nine hells I’m going to relax on this thing. Help me out.”

“What’s the magic word?” Crash retorted cheerfully.

“Castration.”

Without another word, he helped her out of the hammock.

<a href="Star Wars Epics - View Profile: Ma-Ta Rissa">Ma-Ta Rissa</a>, <a href="Reclaiming the Hunter - Page 2 - Star Wars Epics">Reclaiming the Hunter</a>

Posted
Rating:
Site director

March 5-11, 2007

Not when they don't deserve those positions. I won't let some pampered rich boy run this squadron. I know there is something going on between him and Lane, and I will find out. When I do, I will expose it and that will be his downfall. I will then take the Paladins from under his feet. All I need is time, and I have all the time that I need… He nodded and finished his drink. "Fair enough. It's late now, and tommorrow we have to get up early for our duties."

Borden rose to his feet and gave a mock salute. "I'll see you in the morning, Squadron Leader Bal'ak." As soon as Laakim saluted back, the Paladin pilot quietly left his quarters.

Yes, tommorrow will be a new day. Another chapter to add in this new piece of Imperial history. Another chapter of his duty within the Paladins. And another chapter in Bakura's history.

And another day to plan Dunn's fall.

Bakura: Shadow of the Empire - Laakim Bal'ak

Posted
Rating:
Site director

March 12 - 17, 2007

The doors opened prematurely to reveal a trio of stormtroopers. They wore distinct armor, striped liberally with black and appeared lighter and more flexible than standard stormtrooper armor. The helmets were also fitted with individual eye lenses, rather than the traditional T visor. It was rumored that Intelligence troopers still consisted primarily of clones despite the destruction of main Imperial cloning facilities, but it wasn't like he'd get a chance to confirm that now.

"Nero Strutz, you have been charged with conspiracy and treason related to the destruction of High Port. You are under arrest." Two of the Intel troopers trained E-11s on Mr. Strutz while the center trooper held up magnetic cuffs.

Nero tried to play off his surprised look by letting out a nervous chuckle. "Wh… This is crazy! There's no evidence for this, you can't just…"

"Sir we have a warrant." The center trooper held it up, signed by the Chairman of the Intergalactic Banking clan. "It would be in your best interest to come quietly."

"This is insanity! This will never hold up in court!" Nero retorted, lowering his voice considerably.

"Then you have nothing to worry about sir." The trooper commented.

<p align="right"><a href="Star Wars Epics - View Profile: Janus Talon">Janus Talon</a>, <a href="index.php?page=topicview&id=4890Moneyland">Moneyland</a></p>

Posted
Rating:
Site director
Han Antilles is in the usergroup ‘Administrators’

March 18-24, 2007

Blue hung back as the two grey skinned creatures moved in, one on each side, fangs bared, hissing at the backs of their throats. Themyscira silently willed them to attack her simultaneously, which they did without the slightest hesitation. She leaped high into the air, bending her knees up to her chest and her dark clothing fluttering about her in the air as they collided with each other below her, and her newly acquired weapon made short work of the Noghri as she came back down upon them hard.

<i>One left.</i> Themyscira breathed in slow, controlled breaths as she had been taught. She could feel the other creature’s blood drying on her skin as she and Blue circled each other. This one seemed quite calculating for a beast; it – or he – had been waiting for her to get tired, to wear herself out on the others.

<i>Use your anger</i>, she heard in her mind, and realized this had been simply another test, or possibly an amusement for her master’s guest. Sythis’ urging had the desired effect, as she felt her rage turn in on itself, then out again to Sythis. “I am not angry with that,” she growled at him, pointing to the remaining Noghri. “I am angry with <i>you</i>!”

Thermyscira– "Return of the Sith"

Posted
Rating:
Site director

March 25-31, 2007

Gravity seized her and she plummeted at least sixty feet onto a hard stone floor. A person non-attuned with the Force would have broken a limb or two, but Sivan managed to land more or less nimbly, ending up in a squatting position upon the floor. Dust and debris from the collapsed stairwell crashed behind her, stranding her in some sort of subterranean catacomb beneath the lair. Flickers of dim lighting permeated the tunnel from deeper within the underground chambers.

<i>Just what is this place? And who was this Sith?</i> she thought with grudging admiration. It seemed the Sith who occupied this domain clearly had not been idle during his reign. Picking herself up, she looked around.

"Niobe? Are you here?" she announced.

"I'm here," she replied, as she emerged from the corner of her eye. She held the portable repulsor lamp in her hand and held it up high. A dead end were at their backs. The best way out seemed to be straight ahead. An ominous glow from that direction sent Sivan's adrenaline racing. It was the same eerie glow that she observed from above.

"Let's go, Niobe. Stay close to me." She whispered.

The grip on the hilt of her lightsaber became tighter.

<a href="index.php?page=topicview&id=351">Sivan</a>, <a href="index.php?page=topicview&id=4890">Moneyland</a>

Posted
Rating:
Site director

April 1 - 7, 2007

“You don’t have to come out,” Aray soothed him as she stood up and stretched her legs gingerly. “Just keep them covered with the laser cannon on the belly.”

The Ryn puffed out his cheeks, forced a shrieking tune out of his nose and loudly refused to have any hand in “blowing up” anything. Aray knew that, for the most part, his aversion towards violence was only because he deplored any kind of mess. Death was always messy, in Mack’s opinion.

“You don’t have to actually fire the gun,” she reasoned diplomatically. “Just…point it at them. They’ll get the idea.”

<p align="right"><a href="Star Wars Epics - View Profile: Aray Faast">Aray Faast</a>, <a href="Syndicate Wars: Allies and Adversaries - Star Wars Epics">Syndicate Wars</a></p>

Posted
Rating:
Site director

April 8-15, 2007

Utilizing conscripted labor (ASP droids would have been too much of a provocation, even for their Bakuran allies) to clear and sift through the rubble, Rinehart made a disquieting discovery: The dead were a full spectrum of Bakuran society–male, female; subadults to the aged; common laborers dressed in utilitarian garb to the social elite wearing designer clothing. What looked to be a kindly grandmother was even pulled from the ruins, still clutching a glowing E-11 rifle in her dead hands.

Just like during the Rebellion, Rinehart thought grimly. Only this time, this uprising is going to be smothered in its cradle.  

<a href="Star Wars Epics - View Profile: ISB Agent">ISB Agent</a>, <a href="index.php?page=topicview&id=5980">Imperial Renaissance </a>

Posted
Rating:
Site director

April 16 - 21, 2007

If Elara was shocked or offended by Cal's outburst, he wasn't showing any signs of it. In fact, much to Cal's surprise, the man seemed to be on the verge of smiling.

"I hope it will be as simple as you make it sound, Captain, I truly do. And thank you for indulging me with your time." Elara nodded. "I believe I have the answers I was looking for."

"Am I going to have to watch my back now?" Cal asked.

"Far from it, Captain." Elara said with a genuine smile on his face. "I was curious about where your convictions lie. I can see the Sith are in for a formidable challenge indeed. We should speak more in the future."

"I wouldn’t hold my breath." Cal scoffed.

"And I wouldn't be too hasty, Captain." Elara said with that same maddening smile from over his shoulder. "The future is always in motion, and no one, not even a jedi, can foresee everything."

<p align="right">Cal Stravin, Rogue Squadron: Vjun - Heart of Darkness</p>

Posted
Rating:
Site director

April 22-30, 2007

"Our Wing Commander, Jordan Lane. Don't you think she's spending quite a bit of time with him, lately? Almost attached to the hip, somewhat? I think there may be something more to them than just a friendly rivalry between ranking officers."

The Paladin pilot took another bite of food, but he seemed to be too distracted to taste it.

"You know I'm right," said Laakim firmly.

Borden swallowed. Sniffed. "You're just making assumptions, Bal'ak. You know if you make such an accusation without proof or if you are wrong, you will be drummed out of the Paladins and end up some shuttle pilot for the Bakurans."

"But if I am right, it could mean the end of Captain Dunn and Commander Lane. An affair between officers is enough to get them both out of the Paladins. If that happens, it means I take leadership of the squadron… and you become my next Wing Commander."

Laakim Bal'ak, Imperial Renaissance

Posted
Rating:
Site director

May 1 - 7, 2007

Resisting the urge to take the offending item containing the information that abruptly brought his entire world crashing down and smash it to bits on the fine stone floor, instead Daiman maintained his composure and leaned across the desk, punching buttons on the comm.

“This is Daiman Sirana,” he spoke in a voice just slightly warmer than is had been toward Roth, but just as wooden when the other party answered. “I need to cancel reservations I made for this evening.”

After disconnecting, he sat back in the chair again, mind working behind eyes still frosty as he ignored the slight tremor starting to develop in his hands that gripped the arms of his nerfhide chair.

<p align="right"><a href="Star Wars Epics - View Profile: Daiman Sirana">Daiman Sirana, <a href="index.php?page=topicview&id=1292">Sea of Waking Dreams</a></p>

Posted
Rating:
Site director

May 8 - 20, 2007

He was on the other side, on the ground, panting. His face felt cold, very cold, but the heat on this side was beginning to make him warm again. His hands were touching sand, soft and soothing sand, and the sun shining down on the planet was orange in color, giving the area around him a contrasting hue.

He looked up, and saw some odd shape object in his face, before it opened at the center and orange energy bristled from it. A strong and deep voice, far away, yelled out an alien language that Willem did not understand, sounding like ‘Jaffa, cre!’ in his mind.

He realized, from how the man holding the spear-like object in his hand, he was now somewhat an intruder. That prompted one long, uncivilized word to escape his mouth.

“Frak.”

<p align="right"><a href="Star Wars Epics - View Profile: Moff Willem von Aath">Moff Willem,  <a href="index.php?page=topicview&id=1367">When fandoms collide - a Star Wars/Stargate SG-1 crossover</a></p>

Posted
Rating:
Site director

May 21 - June 2, 2007

After a short while, she took a deep cleansing breath. “There,” she began, opening her eyes to find Corran’s face centimeters from her own. She gasped as the Force bond snapped tight, and found herself immobile as he closed the distance, his lips gently brushing against hers.

Jade’s mind suddenly expanded with new thoughts, feelings, memories which were not her own. The pleasurable sensation of the kiss amplified twofold as she experienced Corran’s emotions in tandem with hers, then seemed to grow exponentially, reverberating between them. But this was not like the last time they had shared emotions, it was much stronger; with this merging came the impression of falling uncontrollably, as she lost her sense of self, unable to determine which thoughts were truly hers and which were Corran’s as the bond blurred the separation between their individual minds. Panic set in as she realized there were things about herself she would rather he never learn, and that he was now experiencing it all, every last detail, in one brief moment, just as she now knew every last detail of him. <i>We are each other…</i>

<p align="right"><a href="Star Wars Epics - View Profile: Jade Seye">Jade Seye,</a>  <a href="index.php?page=topicview&id=6059">Rogue Squadron: Vjun - Heart of Darkness</a></p>
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.