Past quotes of the week

Posted
Rating:
Site director
Corran Antilles is in the usergroup ‘Administrators’

Re: Past quotes of the week

December 3 - 31, 2012

In the past, whenever he felt that way –back from a CorSec raid, battlefield or the special hell that had been some of his OPC missions– he'd trustingly turned to Catharin. His wife knew what to do. Knew how to handle him in that condition, got down to it and eventually led him back home. His pulse stirred but imagining her. Droyk! Now this was worse. He could not think in this state.

As if to prove, his mind jumped to that girl, Starsha, who had left so many messages on Rey's inbox. Why not comm her? No! That would require apologies, explanations, lies. He did not want to play-act. Not justify himself, be attentive or even gentle. Tonight, he had nothing to give. That's why he would pay.

Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Site director

January 1 - February 25, 2013

Myles took a sip of his own ale as he looked Garrett up and down, this time more amber than pale. "You come highly recommended by an associate," he finally said. He nodded with a very slight smile, "I'm starting to believe what I was told." Garrett nodded in answer, taking a sip of his own heavier beer. "The job description is simple. Retrieval. Possibly corporal punishment should the opportunity arise."

Posted
Rating:
Site director

February 26 - March 4. 2013

“Congratulate me when it lasts.” She replied, passing him a pair of micromagnifying goggles. “I think Antilles only chose me for the job for political reasons to be honest.”

“Misch…”

“I’m serious, Flin.” She interrupted, “There are plenty of Rogues he could have picked, hell even one of the other ‘Rats who were transferred with me. Hells, Starlight has experience commanding his own bloody squadron in the past. Why not him?”

Flin pushed the goggles up onto the top of his head, “Whatever his reason, he chose you. Deal with it. Maybe it is political. You know, making sure that your old squadron has some higher representation in the unit? Antilles doesn’t strike me as a man who makes decisions like that lightly. Trust me. Trust him.”

Posted
Rating:
Site director

March 5 - 11, 2013

Byron…is probably the closest thing to unrequited love I'll ever have in the galaxy, I think. It wasn't that he was particularly more handsome than anyone else, and I would contest he's rather above average but not stunning in that department, or that he was smarter or quicker or just understood me better. I wouldn't even say he treated me so much different from anyone else here in the Academy either; he actually treated me with some distance, because we barely knew each other.

Posted
Rating:
Site director

March 12 - 25, 2013

To make things worse, currently the President of Hydrocon Steel was popular not only amongst her own men but enough of the reemployed Bakuran workers too. Everything those men knew or cared for was that Hydrocon –thence, in effect, Von Aath– added new jobs. Allowed them to feed their families and earn a living. While the Resistance's attacks in contrast harmed economy –caused investors to withdraw funds, companies to backtrack from Bakura– thus, for all the ordinary man cared, killed off jobs.

That's why, even if the Resistance managed to put away Elina Von Aath, little would be won. Imperial media would have no trouble depicting the likeable woman as a martyr. Important as Bakura's resources were, the foreign parent company might just send someone else to continue the business. While in the eyes and minds of the working Bakuran, the act would confirm what media proclaimed anyhow: Don't sympathize with the Resistance! They're nothing but terrorists.

Absently, Matheron switched on the holonet terminal then crossed his arms and frowned. Already now, the black villainy of yesterday's attack was on all news networks.

Posted
Rating:
Site director

March 27 - April 8, 2013

"Trust in a wingmate means not only knowing that they will look out for you, but also that they know how to look out for themselves. After all, the mission may depend on them. You said yourself that Starlight is an excellent pilot, and that is true. You need to learn to trust that he can take care of himself." Antilles held up a hand to forestall what she had been about to say. "And yes, it is your job to look out for your wingmate. But you must work as a team. Otherwise I lose a good pilot, or even two." He pointed to the screen, where Starlight's X-wing was engaging two TIE fighters. Along the edge of the screen a display made note that he had no shields left and one engine was about to fail. "He could use his wingmate now, don't you think?"

Tyanni processed all his words in silence, a faint flush rising in her cheeks. Eventually she nodded. "Yes, sir."

Posted
Rating:
Site director

April 9 - November 18, 2013

“Thank you, Commander.” Traven took the data disc with the sim programme, Duval was offering him. “I appreciate that.” His voice sounded obliging, but it was the opposite Traven felt. His internal anger made him want to crush the disc in his bare hand. Wasn’t one invigilator from the ISB enough? Did they need another watch dog necessary to supervise him? Not to mention Jordan and her squadron taking over the whole training.

It was a long time that we not changed. I promise to do it more often now again.

Posted
Rating:
Site director

November 19 - 27, 2013

"Onyx Squadron is to halt its current exercises and execute a flyover of the pod race arena. The exact maneuvers are up to your discretion, but the general expects you to demonstrate your aerial prowess."

Jordan's own thought shocked even her: I doubt he came up with such fancy terminology on his own. She forced herself to remember that she considered a general here. "Onyx Leader acknowledges, Ground Control."

"Show 'em what you've got, Captain," the voice added before the line disconnected.

Posted
Rating:
Site director

November 28 - Dezember 3, 2013

The terrorists didn’t mind the smell nor the situation. One of them even showed a smug grin.

“You’ll lose that look when you have to face the charge for your actions.” Traven glared at him. The men didn’t seem to be impressed at all.

“I don’t think that you and I will live to see that.” He answered. His eyes showed the certain look of fanatics, Traven had seen too often while the war. “You and this building will be history soon.”

Traven stared for a second at him, then switched on his comlink. “Antilles, Mendal, this is a trap! Get out of the building!” His call was answered by static noise.

Posted
Rating:
Site director

December 4, 2013 - January 5, 2014

“Loyalty is a good thing.” Corran smiled. “And a quality I greatly appreciate in an XO. And I hope you will extend that to your new squadron mates as well, so…friends?” He reached one hand across the desk.

Mischa leaned forward and shook it, “I’ll give you a shot, Antilles.” She smirked. “And the rest of the Rogues too.”

“Good.” He replied, “Because like it or not you are one now yourself.” He ran the tip of the stylus across the datapad’s screen, “So tomorrow morning we have a briefing and then command is talking about a possible press conference which you’ll need to attend as well.”

She rolled her eyes at that, “Seriously?”

“Welcome to the command structure. If I have to do it, you must share my pain.” He laughed.

Posted
Rating:
Site director

January 6 - 14, 2014

“So…Why am I here?”

“Quiet, citizen,” the trooper on the left said.

Garrick smiled and nudged the trooper on the right, “I’m glad the nice stormtrooper was on duty today,”

Both trooper’s helmets turned slightly toward Garrick, a sure sign of annoyance. The racer held his tongue for the remainder of the ride.

The lift reached the suite level of the main grandstand and the doors opend with a satisfying whoosh.

“This way,” one of the troopers said. They led Garrick around a tan colored corridor. The hallway was decorated with fancy looking art and sculptures, every few yards or so sat an exotic looking plant. Shiny servant droids carried trays of drinks and delicacies from the on-call kitchen to their respective suites. Many rich-looking folk, including more than a few in snappy Imperial uniforms, chatted with each other. Cool purified air poured in through filters while soft stringy music played in the background.

This place was awful.

Posted
Rating:
Site director
Samantha Koortyn is in the usergroup ‘Administrators’
I kept that random quote field on the front page so that I can put all these quotes in it. In case anyone was wondering.
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.