Past quotes of the week

Posted
Rating:
Site director
Corran Antilles is in the usergroup ‘Administrators’

Re: Past quotes of the week

December 6, 2011 - January 8, 2012

Mandalorian battle cries, and incomprehensible Gungan came over the comms, and two more pirate fighters blossomed into flame. Several of the enemy ships attempted to reverse course, and Ventyra managed to damage one, and Mela hit another with a quad burst from her cannons, skewering the cockpit, and leaving the fighter to drift on as a lifeless hulk. The Rogues made another pass, reducing some more of the pirates to space junk and navigational hazards.

“Command to all fighters, return to base, they're falling back.” She didn't acknowledge the transmission, but hauled the fighter around through a turn and headed back toward the planet. Part of her wanted to frak Command's orders, and keep blasting away, but she fought the urge down, and kept the ship pointed toward home.

<p align="right"><a href="Star Wars Epics - View Profile: Mela Roch">Mela Roch</a>, <a href="index.php?page=topicview&type=findpost&id=260582&postcount=39">Treason: A Rogue Squadron Tale</a></p>
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Site director
Samantha Koortyn is in the usergroup ‘Administrators’

January 9-24, 2012

"Have you heard the news of the release of Corran Antilles and his associates?"

That got the Sith's attention. And an immediate display of displeasure. "Of course. I do hope you are not suggesting that you had something to do with it."

"Of course not. That would be the incompetence of your would-be ally Mal'fey. I merely wish to discuss my compensation."

<a href="Star Wars Epics - View Profile: Jelt">Jelt</a>, <a href="index.php?page=topicview&id=9550">Treason: A Rogue Squadron Tale</a>

Posted
Rating:
Site director

January 26 - 30, 2012

“Ah frak!” She swore as she spilled half of the ground caf beans intended for the brewing machine across the surface of her kitchen counter.

“Hey! Language!” The slightly bleary voice came from the doorway behind her and Mischa grinned at Jon’son over her shoulder.

“Awwww I’m sorry. Did I offend your delicate sensibilities, Big Man?” She asked, grin still evident.

Stone stretched, working the kink out of his neck, “Yeah, I’m not used to such language.” He replied with a roll of his eyes.

Posted
Rating:
Site director

January 31 - February 6, 2012

Nash nodded. He looked around for anyone expecting them, when two agents came towards in the dreaded creme tunic of the Imperial Security Bureau. With a gloved hand, the taller one of them waved their transport to an empty delivery bay, then stepped up to driver’s window. „Have them unloaded. We take over from here.“

Kix backed the transport as told. Then watched as his fellow commandoes, following the ISB agents’ orders, put sacks over the prisoners’ heads and herded them up a dung smeared plank that evidently served the reception of slaughter cattle. „Weird, no?“

Observing the events in their transport’s side mirrors, Nash shrugged. „Why? You recently had steak?“

Posted
Rating:
Site director

February 7 - 21, 2012

But that all of you are here, shows that you have the right spirit. The skills and the tactics is something a fighter pilot has to learn. That comes fast with more experience. But the fighting spirit, the feeling of having a connection with the TIE… that is something you have to have from the beginning. And today I saw that in all of you.”

The pilots looked surprised; some of them even straighten up in their seats.

“But that doesn’t mean that Stev Adram and Jerrol Morin didn’t have it. We lost them today not because all of you were better than them. No, we lost them because there was someone out there, who was better than them."

Posted
Rating:
Site director

February 22 - March 4, 2012

Eventually, their storytelling attracted the attention of other Sandbat pilots, but the core group hardly noticed the increasing attention. "You actually got away with pranks there?" Rardin interrupted one of Bellarius's stories, startled. "Carida was supposed to be so strict!"

"If you didn't attract the attention of the warden, you could get away with a lot in the barracks," he replied casually. "Cadets in the same room would often do things to each other, or entire rooms would have feuds with other rooms."

"Well, he says that, the lieutenant here was one of the lucky ones with his own room. We got stuck with a bunch of roommates," Byron said, grinning at Jordan.

"Yes, yes we did. Some of them were barely tolerable. Gods, the noises one of them could make at night! How did Reaper describe it?" Jordan looked pointedly at Byron. "Like a droid tearing through metal, I think it was."

Posted
Rating:
Site director

Now this was on for long. ;)

March 5 - June 3, 2012

“I can see why they've taken it, but this is out of the way from anything. I thought Intelligence informed us that Imperial border activity, since the Black Fleet crisis, had lessened!”

“This isn't Imperial Command, this is a warlord's personal fleet. One Admiral Dodonna's, actually, but from what our agents have told us, it's much, much worse.”

Posted
Rating:
Site director

June 4 - July 21, 2012

“Traven, what the hell are you doing here? Why are you on this dust ball?” Her voice sounded concerned so he just stared at her, his jaw dropped by surprise. Finally he took a deep breath.

“I made wrong decisions, Jordan.” His professional mask slipped, at least for a moment, and she could see some emotions in his eyes. Frustration, maybe even regrets. “Maybe I…” But his explanation, his confession, was disturbed by the buzzing of his comlink.

Posted
Rating:
Site director

July 22 - 30, 2012

In truth, his honest response had caught her off-guard. On top of that, his use of her first name had completely thrown off any balance she had hoped to retain after her own sudden query. The expression he wore when he glanced back at her had been almost as transparent as when–

Jordan shook her head violently. She knew Tra– Captain Dunn regretted his response. She had not missed the note of relief in his statement after receiving the notification about the meeting with General Tull.

Posted
Rating:
Site director

July 31 - August 7, 2012

And with that fact in mind the woman smiled at him speaking softly, “You see how close your own death is? Your world, and your pampered life has made you weak…as weak as the rest of the fools in your pitiful little universe. You sought me out because you long for something more…some more than those foolish wretches can give you, but you have no teacher. Your ignorance is your death sentence. So that is where I offer you a choice.”

Posted
Rating:
Site director

August 8 - 20, 2012

Her salute was more casual than it should be; Aria had the sense that she’d rattled the Captain. And she found she couldn’t help herself. “Give my regards to Captain Dunn.”

That stopped Captain Lane in her tracks. The Captain turned to face Aria, her eyes wide. Aria smiled. She noticed how at the mention of Captain Dunn’s name there was a change Captain Lane’s breathing, like she was holding her breath. For just a second, Aria thought the Captain might just take a swing at her.

Posted
Rating:
Site director

August 21 - September 09, 2012

“And since Dodonna's camp is being very tight-lipped about any security knowledge, all I can say about the resistance is that I think they don't like you.” Maarco replied after a moment of watching Elina rest her head into his palms, watching how she was trying to calm herself by breathing. Maarco understood why she was taking this a little hard; Thayer had the knowledge and the drive to be an effective gureilla fighter, from what Maarco knew, and that made any and all business operations in the Bakuran region of space that much harder to accomplish for Elina.

Posted
Rating:
Site director

September 10 - 16, 2012

Matheron continued his way upstairs, back to Rey's study. “Why did I do what?”

'Snub her like that. You've no idea who she is!'

“Exactly.” Matheron grumbled. “I have no idea who anyone is. The bit of data displayed is a joke. Based on that, I have about a mynock's chance in the Maw to react but remotely like the Ryate they knew.” Back in the ultra-modern study, he polarized the windows, plunked down in Rey's chair and switched on the man's holonet terminal. “On the good side, my clinical record says 'head injuries', no?” He smirked. “What easily can cause a little change of character.”

Posted
Rating:
Site director

September 17 - 23, 2012

The arrived medic team was about to lift Margolin on a repulsorlift stretcher as she opened her eyes again. “Reporting in, Sir.” She murmured as she recognised him.

“Welcome to the Rogues.” Corran replied, sighing. It just could get better.

As he returned to his office it got even better. The files of some more pilots had arrived. Corran’s eyes widened at the first name.

Posted
Rating:
Site director

September 24 -30, 2012

Jordan was growing weary of them addressing each other by rank. Her voice hardened. "This is a casual conversation, Commanders, even though it's related to our work. At ease. You have permission to address each other, and myself, by name."

Both men glanced at her, and Jordan suddenly doubted the wisdom of her statement. "We're in the officers' mess, it's just for this discussion, and this is an order," she emphasized.

Byron nodded before his attention turned to Rardin, who still did not look comfortable with the situation. "We can use callsigns rather than names if that would make you feel better."

Posted
Rating:
Site director

October 1 - 15, 2012

“Tea, Captain?” Von Aath offered. Traven nodded, waiting patiently for the Admiral to start talking while the other man poured their cups. It seemed to be more a polite gesture than an actual invitation to tea. Especially because the older man started to talk without further ado.

“You are hiding it well, but I can tell, that you are wondering why you’re here, Captain. I will not tantalise you.” The older man sighed. “I just have one question for you. Did you betray the Empire?”  

Posted
Rating:
Site director

October 16 - 30, 2012

She was cut off as the stormtroopers began to pull a man, who was kicking and yelling, out of the bus.

"I'm not one of them! My ID card wasn't working at all today! Please, don—"

"Shut up, Kiej, we know it's you!"

"Go to hell, stormtroopers! I hope Bakura burns you! Long live the Resis—"

Posted
Rating:
Site director

October 31 - November 5, 2012

Adok pointed over his shoulder, then fanned a chip folio in front of the soldier. “I'm a lieutenant. I also happen to be assigned to Rogue Squadron. That man you saw there was the commanding officer of Rogue Squadron. I'm sure you've heard the rumors about him, so I won't bore you, but how do you think he'd feel if I, one of his pilots, called up and told him that one Trooper Bartosz, would not assist me in aiding one of his other pilots.”

Posted
Rating:
Site director

November 6 - 19, 2012

Some people say focusing your body for meditation was a powerful calming tool, where you could eliminate the problems in your soul just by focusing on peace. But others, like Donall could attest if he so desired, it was like he was stuffed into a nightmare for the entirety, time and reality warping into one, huge focus of hatred.

Posted
Rating:
Site director

November 20 - December 2, 2012

"Do you realize…" his voice was slow and measured, terrible in its revulsion… "how many men and women are dead because of your actions? The hangar bay explosion alone…"

1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.