Past quotes of the week

Posted
Rating:
Site director
Corran Antilles is in the usergroup ‘Administrators’

Re: Past quotes of the week

December 30, 2009 - January 05, 2010

He turned to regard the Twi'lek sleeping on the bed. She was lying on her side, her head in one hand, propped up on her elbow. "Planning on coming back anytime soon?"

"Not rightly sure," Derian smiled. "But if I do, I'll be sure to look for you. Assuming you're ok with that."

She just smiled and rolled over the other way. Derian opened the door to the room and walked out into the hallway. He ran down a few flights of stairs and exited the front of the building. He leaned forward to light a deathstick and was rewarded with a meaty thud as a fist connected with the side of his face. His ears started ringing as the sidewalk started to swim in front of him. Then, all at once, the street was rushing up to meet him and everything went to black.

<p align="right"><a href="Star Wars Epics - View Profile: Dragunfyre">Dragunfyre</a>, <a href="index.php?page=topicview&id=10721">The Fifth</a></p>
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Site director
Samantha Koortyn is in the usergroup ‘Administrators’

January 5 - 18, 2010

“Stealing a ship from the Imps?” Obry’s eyes widened as he turned from the window to the people at the table. “That’s impossible!” Thayer crossed his arms, glaring at Traven. “NRI got ways, hmm?” Traven nodded. “Correct. But first I need information. The number of Imps, co-ordinates of their garrisons, schedule of their transports to their fleet…”

<a href="Star Wars Epics - View Profile: Traven Dunn">Traven Dunn</a>, <a href="Imperial Renaissance - Page 7 - Star Wars Epics">Imperial Renaissance</a>

Posted
Rating:
Site director

January 19 - 31, 2010

As soon as those words flashed through her mind Ralana acted upon it. Shifting the majority of her body weight to her back foot the girl dropped the saber. Corran saw her move, but caught it a bit too late having been more focused on getting the girl to submit. He stumbled forward as the weight that was bracing him up in the air was now gone, but regained his footing with in a seconds time. But, at the same time Ralana brought her front foot back side stepping away from his blade as best she could though green laser did manage to singe the fabric of her shirt. Thankfully with the training mode activated on both of the light sabers the would just be simple burns on the skin.

Twirling the saber in his hand Corran took a deep breath looking over Ralana with a light smile. “Good move…”

<p align="right"><a href="index.php?page=topicview&id=10667" target="_blank">Ralana</a>, <a href="index.php?page=topicview&id=10716" target="_blank">Journey of a Thousand Miles</a></p>

Posted
Rating:
Site director

February 1 - 15, 2010

Corran could hear Sam and Marcus from their cells as they spoke in low voices. He couldn’t understand what they were talking about. Just as little as he was able to sense anybody of them in the Force. Corran took a deep breath, trying not to hate the Ysalamiris for their ability. But he realised how much he had relied on his Force skills over the years. Now it was time to recall on his normal Human senses. Who knew how long he had to stay here, if Val and Jade wouldn’t find evidence for the truth.

Laying down on the bunk, Corran stared at the grey ceiling of his cell. The sleep didn’t come easy.

<p align="right"><a href="Star Wars Epics - View Profile: Corran Antilles" target="_blank">Corran Antilles</a>, <a href="index.php?page=topicview&id=9550" target="_blank">Treason: A Rogue Squadron Tale</a></p>

Posted
Rating:
Site director

February 16 - 28, 2010

It wasn't him she was trying to talk out of things. Unfortunately, Xiann was having a very hard time resisting the temptation of a ticket to anywhere. Who was she kidding? That was only a small part of the reason: Who knew what opportunities might come to light? It wasn't like that account of creds was going anywhere any time soon. Can't resist getting into trouble, can you? This is stupid, Xiann. Dangerous is rapidly outweighing Useful. Self preservation. Can't spend those creds if you end up dead.

"Look, I know you were trying to give me the short version, but-" she hesitated again. "Who exactly are we going up against, here?"

<p align="right"><a href="Star Wars Epics - View Profile: Jola'Edana Kahlid" target="_blank">Jola'Edana Kahlid</a>, <a href="index.php?page=topicview&id=10721" target="_blank">The Fifth</a></p>

Posted
Rating:
Site director

March 1 - April 18, 2010

Though, so far, nothing of what the alleged NRI agent brought forward was evidential. Everything he claimed -that his ship crashed, its wreck was out of reach and New Republic Intelligence demanded figures… of not only the Imperial forces but both sides- could be just a cover story—tailor-made by the Imperial Security Bureau to infiltrate, spy out and ultimately wipe out the Resistance. And then, defying his occupational mistrust, it could all be true—making this young Coruscanti occupied Bakura’s lifeline to the New Republic. A line that he, after everything he had done to the Bakuran people, could not risk to falsely cut.

<p align="right"><a href="Star Wars Epics - View Profile: Matheron Thayer" target="_blank">Matheron Thayer</a>, <a href="index.php?page=topicview&id=5980" target="_blank">Imperial Renaissance</a></p>

Posted
Rating:
Site director

April 19, 2010 - April 26, 2010

"Of course sir. We would not think of intruding upon your time." She nodded to him again. "And I wish to thank you for your generous invitation on behalf of my grandfather. He sends his regrets and wishes for a excellent event."

Tyanni could practically feel Roch seething beside her as the Bothan moved on to his other guests. "So that's it? That's all we do, after we went to all this trouble of coming?"

The heiress smiled. "No, that is not all we do. That is all I expected from Mal'fey, of course, though I may speak to him again later. But our main agenda here is to rally more to our cause."

"And how do we do that?"

"We mingle. Tell our story. With luck, a few of these business men will sympathize. Think you can handle that?"

Roch shot her a look that was pure scorn. Tyanni smiled back beatifically. All in all, this evening was off to a wonderful start.

<p align="right"><a href="Star Wars Epics - View Profile: Jelt" target="_blank">Jelt</a>, <a href="index.php?page=topicview&id=9550" target="_blank">Treason: A Rogue Squadron Tale</a></p>

Posted
Rating:
Site director

April 26 - May 1, 2010

'They are New Republic Naval personnel being held for treason.'

Schenk frowned.'Thats a little bit above my pay grade I don't do politics.'

'They're innocent and being set up.' Vance replied, his voice level and his eyes smouldering. 'Someone dirty is trying to frame them and I need to know who and why.' Schenk thought for a moment. He knew about the Rogue squadron arrests. It was big news the whole planet knew about it, probably half the galaxy. There was alot of media attention and that meant alot of heat. Republic intelligence would be involved, the military and even the Jedi. This was a big deal and a recipe for big trouble he did'nt need. But what he did need was creds. He looked up and Vance was watching him closely.

Posted
Rating:
Site director

May 2 - 23, 2010

I could feel the urge to just sit down and take a break. It’s a feeling I have started to adopt from the other pilots who’ve been flying their craft for more years than I have. It’s that rush after a fight, the urge so great to kick the gods of the sky in the face and laugh, that urge to dance among the stars and dare your enemies to tangle with you. It’s that rush that often kills pilots too, making stupid mistakes both in and out of the cockpit. I’ve learned to subdue it, to quit the urge and just sit down, breathe, relax. My old flight lead told me that love and hate are emotions you leave on the ground, on hard plate; never let them in the cockpit.

Flying like that gets people killed. Ask all of those traitors from my first tour of duty, if you can talk to the dead.

<p align="right"><a href="Star Wars Epics - View Profile: Moff Willem von Aath">Bellarius Aganox</a>; <a href="Imperial Renaissance - Page 7 - Star Wars Epics">Imperial Renaissance</a><p>

Posted
Rating:
Site director

May 23 - July 11, 2010

The tall Jedi looked around the room at the dignitaries availing themselves of Tarsk Mal’fey’s generous hospitality, an almost bemused expression on his handsome face.

“The CEO of one of the largest shipping concerns in the galaxy would be expected to have so many influential acquaintances. Nothing unusual about that.” Val could have sworn his normally serious face was bearing a smirk as he said this.

“But I am more interested in how many of these stellar citizens of the New Republic are actually guests of the suspected head of a criminal enterprise.” She replied with a more obvious smirk of her own.

“Are you sure you don’t have any force sensitivity, Agent Navin?” The Jedi leaned closer, “Because you seem to be reading my own thoughts rather well this evening.”

Val laughed lightly and placed a hand on Ranzen’s arm. “We just both have a better time at understanding and wanting the truth uncovered.”

“That my dear” He replied, “Is going to be the hard part, but in time the truth always outs.”

<p align="right"><a href="Star Wars Epics - View Profile: Val'kia Navin">Val'kia Navin</a>; <a href="index.php?page=topicview&id=9550">Treason: A Rogue Squadron Tale</a><p>

Posted
Rating:
Site director

July 12 - 25, 2010

The soft violin was playing a redeeming song, full of hope and honor and all that is good. Willem was standing at the far end from it, at the altar, and yet it sounded as if the violin player was right in his ear, playing its melody very skillfully. The Commodore wore his uniform proudly, and so did most of his guests for this occasion. The woman in front of him, with hair as red as the Valerian sun, wore an elegant and beautiful white dress that made her look like an angel in Willem’s eyes. Clasping her hands, he smiled bright as the setting sun was creating a beautiful atmosphere for his wedding. Elina chuckled, feeling the simple band on his finger with her own fingertip, and then receiving the same simple touch to her own. Her eyes were beautiful, Willem thought as he felt the skin of her palms. I am absolutely in love.

<p align="right"><a href="Star Wars Epics - View Profile: Moff Willem von Aath" target="_blank">Moff Willem Von Aath</a>, <a href="index.php?page=topicview&id=12246" target="_blank">Star Wars: Lost Souls</a></p>

Posted
Rating:
Site director

July 25 - September 19, 2010

As soon as the pair were in agreement, and consequently leaving the apartment, the Corellian stepped through the door behind his new companion before closing it and putting his blaster back into its holster.

While the blaster gave the impression of safety, in truth Jate was close enough to do enough damage with his hands, should the situation require it - which wasn't to say the other being looked helpless, by any means.

<a href="Star Wars Epics - View Profile: Jate Vors" target="_blank">Jate Vors</a>, <a href="index.php?page=topicview&id=9550" target="_blank">Treason: A Rogue Squadron Tale</a>

Posted
Rating:
Site director

September 20-27, 2010

Chiara ignored his comment. “So having the knowledge about his weak points, somebody could use them against him. But why? Who would accuse him?“ Ronan frowned. “Maybe…” he started, thinking of all the corrupt intelligence agents and power-hungry politicians he had met while he was working for CorSec. “… it is like repeating history. Back then Palpatine discredited the Jedi to weaken the Republic. And now… whoever is behind that… is using Rogue Squadron. I’m fearing the worst that our grandchildren stumbled into something really big.”

<a href="Star Wars Epics - View Profile: Aria Drake" target="_blank">Ronan Antilles</a>, <a href="index.php?page=topicview&type=findpost&id=247642&postcount=25" target=_blank">Treason: a Rogue Squadron Tale</a>

Posted
Rating:
Site director

September 28 - October 9, 2010

Elina von Aath.

The name inspired workers to work harder, accountants to count more precisely, and New Republic agents to suddenly become nervous and curious. Even Imperial Officers knew to treat the woman with more respect than they are required to do so out of sheer fear of her adoptive father. She was the steadily growing power in the steel business, already jumping from Vice President of the Malastare branch of the recently renamed Hydrocon Steel Manufacturing company to the President of the Bakura branch of Hydrocon. But all of the fear of her did not stem because she was a mean person. It was her adoptive father’s family name that did it.

<a href="Star Wars Epics - View Profile: Moff Willem von Aath">Moff Willem von Aath</a>, <a href="Imperial Renaissance - Page 7 - Star Wars Epics">Imperial Rennaisance</a>

Posted
Rating:
Site director

October 10-17, 2010

First the greasy pancakes for breakfast, now the cheap beer on an empty stomach. Traven was wondering how the rebels could survive with such poor diet. Maybe the Empire should simply wait until they had killed themselves by their lifestyle.

Traven Dunn, Imperial Renaissance

Posted
Rating:
Site director

October 18 - 23, 2010

Aiden didn't feel sorry for Butch. How could he feel anything for a jacked up, one armed, Wookiee drug dealer? He probably should have felt some type of remorse considering the messed up furball was his cellmate, or rather was his former cellmate. Really, Aiden thought he should have more compassion, or at least miss the Wookiee right? But, it wasn’t Butch he missed. It was the drugs. Not only was the alien loud and obnoxious, but he had smelt worse than old Bantha fodder left under the Tatooine sun. The drugs really were the only thing that kept it tolerable. In all honesty, Aiden Starwind was glad the Wookiee was gone. Not that poor Butch really deserved to get gutted in the showers…

<p align="right"><a href="Star Wars Epics - View Profile: Aiden Starwind">Aiden Starwind</a>, <a href="index.php?page=topicview&id=12756">Watch how fast I type mu-</a></p>

Posted
Rating:
Site director

October 24-November 1, 2010.

So far the dark lord’s plan was going smoothly. She had been tasked at eliminating one of the servants of Sythis who now defected and was being held under guard waiting to be taken to Coruscant for trial. She had reviewed data card and gathered the readout on the rebel base. Anyone could perform a fool-hardy attempt to go after the target and with a Rebel station full of resistance and would surely die. No, Sangra had learned to have patience and remain in the shadows till the moment; the moment that they are the most vulnerable to strike; and inflict chaos.

<a href="Star Wars Epics - View Profile: Jaden Chanell">Jaden Chanell</a>, <a href="index.php?page=topicview&id=12276">Republic Assassination: Death of Courage</a>

Posted
Rating:
Site director

November 1-14, 2010

His wording was odd, but Sam didn’t notice. She took a deep breath, frowning, and looked up at him. “They destroyed Alderaan. My mother’s home planet. I never got to contact any of her family.”

Thane nodded, once. “And your father was involved.”

Sam shook her head, her right hand unconsciously moving to her stomach. “He died before that.”

“Then you couldn’t have been very old at the time.” Now Thane appeared confused.

“So?”

He decided to change tactics. “I just mean, that it must have been hard for you.”

Sam fought back the bile rising from her stomach, swallowing hard as memories she'd tried for years to suppress came flooding back. <i>The blood…</i> She was glad she hadn’t been given any food yet.

“I don’t talk about it.”

<a href="Star Wars Epics - View Profile: Samantha Koortyn" target_"blank">Samantha Koortyn</a>, <a href="index.php?page=topicview&id=8632">Epics Infinities</a>

Posted
Rating:
Site director

November 15 - 23, 2010

“Outside influence may be removed, through hard work. But beneath it is a solid stone, carved with a design that we can no more remove than we can live forever.”

Haika watched as the stone was once again covered by the sand.

Phaerce was a blight on the mandala of human subconscious. He was like a boulder tossed unceremoniously onto the design, distorting and reshaping until he was so buried by sand that he could never be removed.

But Haika had learned from the rock in his mind, had studied its shape, it’s consistency, it’s texture with every moment since he had been taken.

<p align="right"><a href="Star Wars Epics - View Profile: Haika Vibrose" target="_blank">Haika Vibrose</a>, <a href="index.php?page=topicview&id=8492" target="_blank">The Noble Wars</a></p>

Posted
Rating:
Site director

November 24 - December 12, 2010

The formal way the man spoke put Sam on edge. It was almost Imperial sounding. She crossed her arms tighter in front of her in a protective gesture as she followed him through the hangar. The brisk pace warmed her considerably, and with her long strides she had no trouble keeping up with Black.

Slinging her duffle bag onto her bunk, she surveyed the room briefly, noting the stark contrast of the base quarters to those she had occupied at the Academy on Carida. But then, this was no different than the last Rebel base where she had been stationed; just colder. A lot colder.

<p align="right"><a href="Star Wars Epics - View Profile: Samantha Koortyn" target="_blank">Samantha Koortyn</a>, <a href="Bad Company [Sam, 2 ABY] - Star Wars Epics" target="_blank">Bad Company </a></p>
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.