Past quotes of the week

Posted
Rating:
Site director
Corran Antilles is in the usergroup ‘Administrators’

Re: Past quotes of the week

April 13 - 20, 2009

"Unless you want to end up like the people who were last here, move your ass!"

The hall rocked with the vibration of approaching feet and a deep roar. Sully's shock evaporated instantly and he was on his feet using her as a crutch, moving as fast as his wounds would let him. "Never say I didn't give you enough excitement, babe."

"Shut up and run, Pirate."

<p align="right"><a href="Star Wars Epics - View Profile: Dyles Harrper">Dyles Harrper</a>, Bravi'os: Requiem</P>
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Site director

April 21 - 26, 2009

Wrists tied in her lap, Cirrian tried to calm her breath. She knew it were droids. Though on first glance they looked like humans, Bowl’s report and the thing that –uniform and synth-flesh tattered, cables dangling– had risen from the rubble of an Imperial bar they’d bombed and taken up the chase had sharpened her perception—and the guys over there, that so patiently squatted behind their big guns, looked the same. All machines! She shuddered. Machines that had wreaked havoc among her people already a time prior. Machines that, since she’d been a child, were giving her nightmares—in which she wasn’t alone: Deploying a host of disguised droids all over their capital, the New Order was disregarding a Bakurans’ greatest trauma.

Yet another breach in Dodonna’s farce of friendship and an outstretched hand, that she –apart from pointing to the hope that was General Kontrak– had exposed in the Resistance’s first leaflet –Caratras 21–, that groups of volunteers were circulating since this morning. The thought was cheering. Still, the sight of the checking troopers in front wrecked her nerves: Speeder halting, IDs passed, driver waved through—or ordered to pull over to where another heavily armed five were conducting in-depth investigations. Yet again, one of the speeders coming towards had to pull over. The passengers, a Bakuran couple in their thirties, were roughly dragged out, in no time frisked, handcuffed and taken away.

<p align="right"><a href="Star Wars Epics - View Profile: Matheron Thayer">Matheron Thayer</a>, Imperial Renaissance</P>

Posted
Rating:
Site director
Samantha Koortyn is in the usergroup ‘Administrators’

April 27 - May 10, 2009

“So, we’re the sacrificial lambs to save the navy’s reputation.” Corran surmised.

“Essentially” Val’kia admitted, “though no one will come out a say it of course. Though, now that I know how and why the “crimes” happened now, I can go about trying to piece together proof to contradict Mal’Fey’s claims.”

“This is ridiculous; we’re talking about defending ourselves against the largest crime lord in the galaxy, a person for whom the word treason means NOTHING!” Han said getting even angrier now. Marcus admitted that the situation was entirely insufferable. The largest organized crime organization had managed to impose in the court of public opinion that 4 of its heros were traitors and murders. As angry and frustrated as he was, Marcus found himself dumbstruck by the sheer balls it would take to pull something like that off.

<a href="Star Wars Epics - View Profile: Marcus Arete">Marcus Arete</a>, Treason: A Rogue Squadron Tale

Posted
Rating:
Site director

May 11 - June 1, 2009

He had been a member of a Sith Order. While the others plotted and toiled with the plan of conquering the physical Galaxy and it's inhabitants, Phaerce had made his own plans. He had realized early that the domination and power the Sith needed didn't lay in the worthless control of a physical realm, but that of a mental realm. They needed to control the people's souls, not their minds. And Phaerce knew the way to people's souls.

<p align="right"><a href=Star Wars Epics - View Profile: Haika Vibrose" target="_blank">Haika Vibrose</a>, <a href="index.php?page=topicview&id=8492" target="_blank">The Noble Wars: Tapani Civil Wars</a></p>

Posted
Rating:
Site director

June 2 - 30, 2009

“Frak…Give me a minute, they changed the code.”

The first Jaffa came across Willem’s view, and he took the strange weapon in his hand and fired one burst from it. It was off from the head as he was aiming, but it hit his target in the chest, dropping him. The Jaffa began to peel out from the corner.

“We don’t really have a minute!”

“Too cliché!”

<p align="right"><a href=Star Wars Epics - View Profile: Moff Willem von Aath" target="_blank">Moff Willem von Aath</a>, <a href="index.php?page=topicview&id=1367" target="_blank">The When fandoms collide – a Star Wars/Stargate SG-1 crossover </a></p>

Posted
Rating:
Site director

June 30 - July 7 2009

“You think I had the intention of actually capturing these people?” Ryann started to speak, taking the collar and snapping it around Vornis’ neck, still speaking oddly, his voice getting louder as he talked.

“The Gods! It’s dark! It’s void! Sick, painful, darkness…it’s full of evil!”

"What do you mean, Ryann?" Vekis asked.

"I had no plans to capture them. I'm going to tell them that when I see them. I'm no frakking bounty hunter, I'm a smuggler. But, we're here now, and Vornis here will be our bargaining chip."

<a href=Star Wars Epics - View Profile: Vornis Falu" target="_blank">Vornis Falu</a>, <a href="index.php?page=topicview&id=6609" target="_blank">In the Shadow of the Black Sun</a>

Posted
Rating:
Site director

July 8 - 20, 2009

<br>
Whatever. I have an Ysalamiri on my back. He can sparkle like a vampire and I wouldn't see it.<br><br>Corran laughed.

<p align="right"><a href="
Star Wars Epics - View Profile: Corran Antilles">Corran Antilles</a>, <a href="index.php?page=topicview&id=2787">QOOC</a></p>

Posted
Rating:
Site director

July 21 - 27, 2009

"You feel it too, don't you." Mir asked Jek when the two met in the ship's dining area. "I can tell just by looking at you." She sat across the table from him, concern on her face. Master Skywalker had always taught them to pay attention to their feelings. It was the Force talking to them. Gut instincts could save their lives, he'd said, if they could be properly interpreted.

"Yes," Jek rumbled. "There is something amiss here. But I cannot place it."

"The Imperials?" Mir thought aloud. It was a thought that had worried her since their departure. Many Imperial remnants still held fast to the old order's anti alien policies. While she and Yungh were human, Jek could pose an awkward problem.

"Had the Imperials wished us ill," Jek replied, "They could have done so at any time on the journey here. No… there is something else. Something…" his ears flattened in annoyance as he once again failed to grasp the source of his unease.

"I feel strongly that it involves the Imperials," Mir insisted. Jek smiled at her concern. He reached across the table to pat her hand. The two hadn't worked together for all that long, yet they had already become close friends.

"Be vigilant," Jek told her. "It's all we can do. And remember, should we come to it, Yungh's safety is paramount." The implication of his words was obvious. One or both of them would die, if needed, to protect the ambassador. Jek hoped it would never get that far.

<p align="right"><a href="
Star Wars Epics - View Profile: Maxwell Gandel">Maxwell Gandel</a>, <a href="index.php?page=topicview&id=8492">The Noble Wars: Tapani Civil War</a></p>

Posted
Rating:
Site director

July 28-August 3, 2009

“Do androids dream of electric bantha?” this time Michael wasted no time in providing the correct password, his voice grating.

“Ah, Master Askrima!” came the cheerful response, still robotic but somehow much more amiable in tone, “Good to hear from you! I trust your reconnaissance went swimmingly? Ah, I should inform you that someone breached security not moments before you called! They did not possess the proper code phrase, so naturally I severed the connection, but all the same it is worth noting.”

“Marvin, you know damn well that was me calling a minute ago!” the Observer growled, quickly losing patience, “You have got to be the most paranoid protocol droid I’ve ever known!”

“Why sir, I most certainly did not!” the droid’s voice bristled, and Michael could not help but roll his eyes, “It’s true, their vocal patterns did match yours, but there is an astounding variety of programs and instruments one can use to adequately replicate such patterns. All the more reason I severed the connection immediately. You might already have been compromised!”

<a href="
Star Wars Epics - View Profile: Michael Askrima">Michael Askrima</a>, <a href="index.php?page=topicview&id=10012">Diamonds and Rust</a>

Posted
Rating:
Site director

August 4 - 10, 2009

“Hey Wobbr, whatsa hold up?” Gavin shouted impatiently as he waited outside the bathhouse. That Bothan certainly had a strange sense of modesty. Wobbr was willing to stroll about in public in a skimpy pair of swimming trunks but felt compelled to go inside to put on a full body drysuit.

As if in response to Gavin’s question, Wobbr exited the bathhouse, the seams of the drysuit straining to contain the Bothan’s hirsute bulk. That was in stark contrast to Gavin, whose own dark, close fitting suit gave the slight Corellian the appearance of a stick figure drawing. “I don’t know,” Wobbr frowned as he tugged at the suit clinging material, “it doesn’t seem to fit right.”

“I’ll say it don’t,” Gavin replied as he pointed to the closure strap dangling down the front of Wobbr’s chest. “You got the thing on backwards!”

<p align="right"><a href="Star Wars Epics - View Profile: Gavin V. Thayer">Gavin Thayer</a>, <a href="index.php?page=topicview&id=1578">Coruscant, 11 ABY</a></p>

Posted
Rating:
Site director

August 11 - 16, 2009

Lexa's eyes flew open at the unexpected touch and the sound of the strange but increasingly familiar voice. She blinked her eyes to clear them and gazed around the ship. She saw that most of the passengers had disembarked. She and Jon'son were some of the last to leave.

"That was fast," she said.

He flashed her a genuine smile. "How would you know? You slept the whole time." He rose to his feet and offered her a hand up. "I understand, though," he added.

Lexa refused to accept his hand. She felt suddenly guilty for having rested at all. She thought that she should have maintained vigilant and awake all this time, but instead she had slept like a child the first moment she'd had a chance to. "I'm fine," she told him brusquely and moved past him.

"Stubborn woman," Jon'son muttered, following behind. "Reminds me of Misch."

<p align="right"><a href="Star Wars Epics - View Profile: Jon'son Dethrider">Jon'son Dethrider</a>, <a href="index.php?page=topicview&type=findpost&id=222819&postcount=21">Womprat Squadron: Downtime</a></p>

Posted
Rating:
Site director

August 17 - September 12, 2009

She cleared her throat. "And again, what of the Jedi? He might be a threat to our plans."

That was as far as she got. In the blink of an eye, Tarsk's face soured and his fur rippled again in the opposite direction. "I will worry about the Jedi and how we get rid of him. Are we clear on this?"

"Yes, we are, my Vigo. I was just concerned."

Tarsk made an impatient gesture, then walked to his desk. "I have other resources. If I recall, I think a certain Sith Lord owes me a favor for delivering Corran Antilles to him. Remember Darth Sivan arrived to take him off my hands?"

Okay, Yara was impressed. "So you plan to contact the Sith?"

Tarsk pulled out a drawer, from which he extracted a holovid disc. He then offered it to Yara to take. "I will take care of that problem. You will go ahead and do your part. Here is the disc to record the evidence."

"As your wish, my Vigo." The Bothan watched as the woman tucked the disc into her sleeve, bowed and hurried out.

<p align="right"><a href="Star Wars Epics - View Profile: Tarsk Mal'fey">Tarsk Mal'fey</a>, <a href="index.php?page=topicview&id=9550">Treason: A Rogue Squadron Tale</a></p>

Posted
Rating:
Site director

September 13 - October 3, 2009

Gritting his teeth, he made one big heave, and launched himself off of the conform couch, and into a sitting position. The clatter of cans assaulted him, which did nothing to ease the sudden and pronounced headache he now felt. It started at the base of his skull, went back down his back, shot into Hyperspace around Tatooine way, then back to his stomach and up into the front of his head, where it met the headache in the back of his head, and were happily making more little headaches that were moving into his eye sockets.

<p align="right"><a href="Star Wars Epics - View Profile: Zephre">Zephre</a>, <a href="index.php?page=topicview&id=10696">The Haunting of the Marlyana</a></p>

Posted
Rating:
Site director

October 4 - 11, 2009

"Some… thing attacked us," Morgan explained. "I drained my entire power pack and it still lived. It got Kier. I've been trying to keep him conscious, but he keeps slipping away. He's gashed pretty good. I had no choice but to hide in here. Did you see it?"

"We're old buddies," Noah said. "That's why we're getting out of here after we ignite these things." He showed the almost empty bag of thermal detonators.

"What?!" Morgan's eyes suddenly grew large.

<p align="right"><a href="Star Wars Epics - View Profile: Sully Anre">Sully Anre</a>, <a href="index.php?page=topicview&id=7043">Bravi'os: Requiem</a></p>

Posted
Rating:
Site director

October 12-19, 2009

“In a way. Wasn’t supposed to be there. Most of me wasn’t there. My mind,” Haika made a motion with his hand, showing a great distance from his head, “somewhere else entirely. Did some things I’m really not proud of. Killed a few people who didn’t deserve to die. I’m sorry for that.” The man he knew now as Haika spoke like he knew what Willem had been through the past couple of weeks. He had no doubt that the man saw much evil and undead across the planet, but Willem had the feeling that he wasn’t there when the lines broke at the Spaceport. Willem leaned in and put his weapon hand at ease, looking at the floor as he talked, his voice low from concentration.

“I think in the past few weeks we’ve all killed people who didn’t deserve to die.”

<p align="right"><a href="Star Wars Epics - View Profile: Moff Willem von Aath">Moff Willem van Aath</a>, <a href="index.php?page=topicview&id=10790">Planet of the living dead</a></p>

Posted
Rating:
Site director

October 20-26, 2009

"I've been asked by the Chief of State to send you to Tatooine. She wants an impartial diplomat on hand for peaceful negotiations." Arama watched Mahri's face carefully, gauging her reaction. "This is an incredible opportunity for you, Mahri, but it could easily turn dangerous fast. Please consider it carefully."

Mahri already knew her answer, but the first words from her mouth were bathed in more disdain than even she knew she possessed. "I am hardly an impartial diplomat where the Empire is concerned, sir."

Mahri Sellitna, Tatooine: Shadow of Fear

Posted
Rating:
Site director

October 27 - November 16, 2009

He wished very much that it didn't so often involve also purging the dark force users from the galaxy. But it was inordinately difficult to get such beings to change their ways. It was obvious something evil was being developed in the facility in which Baith was now imprisoned. But here was his problem: the young pups they brought in for him to spar with were not dark force users.

They weren't light, either. They simply were.

<p align="right"><a href="Star Wars Epics - View Profile: JerinPuck">Jerin Puck</a>, <a href="index.php?page=topicview&id=10721">The Fifth</a></p>

Posted
Rating:
Site director

November 17 - 23, 2009

Details were laid out to Nevard while on the way to the ICB branch. Nevard at first was attentive and docile, but the second Savid dropped one name, Nevard seemed to lose focus and get lost in his own thoughts while others were spoken to him. "Nedrood Cire had two daughters, Joon and Juul who both died from farming accidents. You are to be Joons son who was sent away for schooling and was lost in an orphanage during the Rebellion wars. You have now come home and are seeking your estate" Savid said. But Nevard was lost in his mind, flashes of still images and memories of a farm with two girls playing on the tractor came to him.

"Hey!" Savid said while poling Nevard in his arm, "You've got to get your head on straight for this. Ne mess ups, no worries, right?"

<p align="right"><a href="Star Wars Epics - View Profile: Nevard Cire">Nevard Cire</a>, <a href="index.php?page=topicview&id=8742">Between man and demon</a></p>

Posted
Rating:
Site director

November 24 - 30, 2009

Sivan wondered what was going through the Rear Admiral's mind. The Dark Lord's inscrutable expression defied her attempts to read his reaction.

Four armed guards stood by the exits, watching the Sith warily. Lifting his gaze from the Dark Lord, Rear Admiral Iseult motioned for the men to leave. "But, sir," one of them protested, looking with alarm at Darth Sythis and his companions. He was obviously reluctant to leave his superior unguarded.

"You are dismissed!" Iseult insisted brusquely. He waited for the men to depart before resuming his interaction with the Sith.

"I am most honored in taking command of your ship, Rear Admiral," Sivan spoke up.

<p align="right"><a href="Star Wars Epics - View Profile: Darth Sivan">Darth Sivan</a>, <a href="index.php?page=topicview&id=6152">Naboo: The Hidden Threat</a></p>

Posted
Rating:
Site director

December 1 - 29, 2009

Matheron sat down. ‘Of course,’ he mumbled. ‘They expect us to try and infiltrate them. Especially in the armed forces. For jobs that’d equip you with but.. a cooking spoon or spanner however, a lost identity card shouldn’t be as big of an issue.’

Obry knit his brow. ‘And if you got in as a cook or mechanic—what should it be good for?’

‘One mechanic,’ Matheron said quietly, ‘can sabotage many transports.’

‘While as a cook…,’ watching Elleck slide the ready cake upon a growing heap, the curly-head’s eyes grew wide, ‘…you could cripple an entire corps!’

<p align="right"><a href="Star Wars Epics - View Profile: Matheron Thayer">Matheron Thayer</a>, <a href="index.php?page=topicview&id=5980">Imperial Renaissance</a></p>
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.