Past quotes of the week

Posted
Rating:
Site director
Corran Antilles is in the usergroup ‘Administrators’

Re: Past quotes of the week

September 8 - 22, 2008

"Ugh.." Janus cringed at the mention of his current assignment down at Galactic Center University. "..don't remind me. Can you believe some group of filthy environmentalists tried to get me to make a donation to something called the 'Endor Genocide'?"

"Endor Genocide? That's a new one.." Paul said dryly.

Janus gave a roll of the eyes before continuing. "Alright, get this. After the Death Star was destroyed over Endor, a few Sentient Rights groups claimed that flaming wreckage from the superstructure rained down on the planet, burning some huge percentage of Endor's forests."

"So?" Paul replied with an uninterested expression, as if there had to be more to the story.

"That's what I said." Janus replied with a somewhat defensive shrug. "..I guess they're mad that some sub-species lost their homes or… died or something. I wasn't really listening"

"Oh please…" Paul began with his own roll of the eyes. "I swear, most of these bleeding heart activists couldn't even tell you what an Ewok was 3 years ago, but now they want me to cry them a fukkin river because their treehouses burned down? Get real. If anything those little rats owe us a few credits for all the free publicity we've given them."

<p align="right"><a href="Star Wars Epics - View Profile: Janus Talon">Janus Talon</a>, <a href="index.php?page=topicview&id=8733">House of Cards</p>
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Site director
Samantha Koortyn is in the usergroup ‘Administrators’

September 23 - October 6

Joy made a face and reached back. Her little hand felt cold wrapped around Garrick’s fingers. They had walked almost halfway down the street.

“There!” Joy shouted, pointing across the way. Garrick’s stomach filled with anticipation.

“Where?” he asked.

“A mechanic’s shop, right there!”

Garrick sighed, “We were looking for the crew, and Aray. Remember?”

“No, you were looking for her,” Joy shook her head, “I’ve been looking for a way to fix the hyperdrive. And I just found someone to help me do it,” Garrick felt her hand suddenly pull away. She was already starting toward the shop. “I’ll be fine, don’t worry about it,”  

<a href="Star Wars Epics - View Profile: Garrick Farrell">Garrick Farrell</a>, <a href="index.php?page=topicview&id=6609">In the Shadow of the Black Sun</a>

Posted
Rating:
Site director

October 6-12, 2008

“My stomach hurts,” Tacita complained, for the fourteenth time; Han had been counting.

“Nar Shaddaa food,” he replied, again for the fourteenth time. He himself wasn’t even sure what it was they had eaten.

Docking Bay 13 loomed before them, and Tacita was happy at least to see the familiar ship, grungy though it was. Her eyes lit up and sparkled as she saw the large box being loaded inside. It looked just large enough to hold a small being, or something equally as fascinating. She couldn’t wait to get her hands on it.

A hand rested on her shoulder. She looked up into Han’s stern face. “Don’t you dare,” he warned.

“I promise,” Tac replied, with that same big smile.

Tacita Darklighter, Sands of Gold

Posted
Rating:
Site director

October 13-19, 2008

Several painfully short hours later, Sam opened her eyes to the smell of something cooking. She couldn’t remember having anything in the ship to cook. Curious, she got out of her bunk, splashed some water over her face – she’d slept in her clothing – and ventured out into what passed for the kitchen area, kicking some spare parts aside with her bare feet as she did so.

Angus turned from his place over the cooktop, and shrugged. “Compliments of our neighbor, in return for keeping up that racket while we were trying to sleep.”

Sam gave a crooked grin, guessing what had transpired immediately, and wondered what passed for Thakwaashi food these days. “Smells… interesting.”

Samantha Koortyn, Randonymity

Posted
Rating:
Site director

October 20 - 27, 2008

Traven sat up, leaning over to her, patting her shoulder. “I’m sorry.” He could feel Sam stiffen under his touch. But then she relaxed, her voice calm. “Thanks. But I don’t want to talk about it.” Traven nodded. “I understand. And it’s okay if you want to cry.” Her eyes flashed. “I don’t cry.” Quickly Traven withdrew his hand. He believed her without question. “I just thought because you lost a friend…”

Again a reevaluating look of her. “Most people don’t think of droids like that.” Traven retreated to his bunk. “I’m not like most people.” He sighed deeply, lying down, his back towards her. “And I lost friends in the battle as well.” That wasn’t a lie even. Traven rested his still hurting bruise against the metal of his bunk, enjoying the coldness.

“Sorry.” He heard her murmur. Now if that wasn’t the beginning of a <i>wonderful friendship</i>.

<p align="right"><a href="Star Wars Epics - View Profile: Traven Dunn" target="_blank">Traven Dunn</a>, <a href="Epics Infinities - Star Wars Epics" target="_blank">Epics Infinities</a></p>

Posted
Rating:
Site director

October 28 - November 10, 2008

"Most of your fears can be easily managed." Kier glanced to Morgan, checking to make sure she was following before resuming on his path. He wanted to make sure they encountered this entity away from the bride to give the others time. "I'm gathering you're fairly inexperienced for this crew."

The statement wasn't meant as an insult, though Morgan would certainly take it as one; any pirate would. "You'd be surprised." She retorted.

"I hope not." He replied sincerely. Sarcasm seemed to be the highest form of humor for some of the other Jedi he had met but not for Kier.

<p align="right"><a href="Star Wars Epics - View Profile: Kier-Xan Finn" target="_blank">Kier-Xan Finn</a>, <a href="index.php?page=topicview&id=7043" target="_blank">Bravi'os Requiem </a></p>

Posted
Rating:
Site director

November 11-26

Her back against the bulkhead next to her bed, Mischa sat watching and listening intently to the conversation between the Captain and the Alliance pilot.

The entire Rebellion wiped out? That didn’t seem possible.

She remembered the small group of pilots the crew had met on Ord Mantell not six months back and the way Vox had to nearly bodily carry her away from the beaten but still sleek fighters and those who flew them when it was time to go. There had still been so many questions she wanted to ask, stories she wanted to hear. Her dream to fly one of those craft alongside such brave men and women now likely gone forever in the wake of the Rebellion’s defeat.

And now her father was perfectly willing to let the stubborn rescued pilot just take his chances at falling into the hands of an enemy likely to imprison him at the very least. Not acceptable.

<p align="right"><a href="Star Wars Epics - View Profile: Mischa Margolin" target="_blank">Mischa Margolin</a>, <a href="index.php?page=topicview&id=8632" target="_blank">Epics Infinities</a></p>

Posted
Rating:
Site director

November 27 - December 1, 2008

"So.." Jasra began in summation. " Are you clear on what needs to be accomplished Mr. Corra?" Jasra asked in a 'polite' tone with her eyes glued to a series of schedules on her Palm Comm.

"Perhaps you could go over the talking points one more time?" Randyl replied from her left, leaning in almost to the point where his lips brushed against her ear with an arm resting upon her shoulders.

"Oh.. oh yes, please.. Please run over it a fifth time, because the fourth explanation was just a tragedy." Janus replied from her right.

"Well, it… doesn't hurt to be prepared right?" Randyl replied with faux honesty, as if he didn't know what he was doing.

Jasra turned to him with a surprised smile and let out a brief sigh with one palm pressed to her chest. "I could not agree more.." She said in an adoring tone, clearly pleased that someone appeared to share her point of view.

<p align="right"><a href="Star Wars Epics - View Profile: Janus Talon">Janus Talon, <a href="index.php?page=topicview&type=findpost&id=200329&postcount=89">Imperial Renaissance</a></p>

Posted
Rating:
Site director

December 2 - 9, 2008

That smile, more at home on the face of a rapacious Barabel reappeared, this time even more pronounced. “My job, Daiman is to know secrets. Everyone has them. Yourself being no exception.” She let that sit between them for a moment. “If my suspicions about Miss Davros turn out to be incorrect, yet you refuse to help me confirm that, it would be…unfortunate for her to somehow learn a few of those secrets herself would it not.” Her eyes glittered at the way his fists clenched then relaxed, the thunderclouds in those fascinating eyes of his. He was an intriguing man and if not for her duties…

“And if I do?” He leaned in her direction, “what then, Ysanne?”

<p align="right"><a href="Star Wars Epics - View Profile: Daiman Sirana">Daiman Sirana, <a href="Epics Infinities - Page 2 - Star Wars Epics">Epics Infinities</a></p>

Posted
Rating:
Site director

December 9-16, 2008

Pulling the air speeder to a slowed stop, Jate looked out at the heavy blankets of rain that fell like a wet wall. He wasn't overly fond of the rain, especially not on Coruscant, but sometimes you had to do what you didn't want to - especially if it paid, legally that was.

"Alright, here we are," Jate said as he motioned to the flashing lights near the entrance of an alleyway that indicated the law enforcement within. "I hope they aren't scuffing around the scene like banthas… I hate it when they do that. It just makes it so much harder to do our job."

Stepping out of the speeder, the Corellian grimaced as he was near instantly drenched, before he pulled his jacket up over his head. It was an effort in vain, but still an effort.

"Lead the way, boss."

<a href="Star Wars Epics - View Profile: Jate Vors">Jate Vors,  <a href="index.php?page=topicview&id=8384">Antilles Investigations</a>

Posted
Rating:
Site director

December 17 - 28, 2008

“Not again!” thought Garrick as he smacked his forehead. He tried to fight the dizziness and failed miserably. Waking up on Traven’s bed he prayed he didn’t get that drunk then he noticed Jarivena walk in wearing nothing but one of Leto’s towels which barely covered all of that it needed to cover. She hated life now, had a hangover and decided to take a remedy. Elderberries in hand and a bright lightsaber in the other there was a sudden explosion. Everybody around jumped and Jari dropped the lightsaber that promptly went out and rolled under a big Sith that was slumped over Sam who asked Garrick to help her up but first he had to go find a crane which was over at the secret rendezvous, but nobody cared that the crane was a heavy lift model. Nobody except Sam would even think it can lift more as a cow would weigh. Garrick figured the Sith weighed about the same as Corbin’s ego and thus was impossible to know if Sam would weigh as much. On the other hand, a pair of dwarf Rancors were gnawing at Sam’s favorite nail file. Noticing this Sam immediately grabbed her second favorite file, jabbing it into the nearest minirancor’s throat, killing it without regrets. But suddenly she heard its mother roar as she grieved the other mini-rancor. Without a word, Sam turned to the sky hoping for a miracle. It never came.

<p align="right"><a href="index.php?page=topicview&id=9197">The Complete Three Word Epic</a>, Everyone (compiled by <a href="Star Wars Epics - View Profile: Garrick Farrell">Garrick Farrell</a>)</p>

Posted
Rating:
Site director

December 29, 2008 - January 4, 2009

"I think its time we were leaving.” Renn said checking his blasters powercell as he spoke. “We can regroup and get back to the freighter then use the nav computer on board to jump both ships back to the rendezvous. Right Tacita?"

"Not exactly. Someone would have to be here to modify the comm unit to receive the hyper coordinates and manually plot them into the nav comp. Plus, its so unstable that it could fail at any time. So someone would have to stay to monitor it and make almost constant corrections."

"Not necessarily." Noah chimed in, a victorious smirk creeping across his handsome face. "When we loaded all the scanning and salvaging equipment, we also picked up an astromech droid. Brand new, still in its delivery pod."

Renn laughed."Thank you mister Hellesponte. The droid can monitor the Shades nav comp. We'll equip it with a com link so you can instruct it from the Open Sky "

"That should work." Tacita agreed.

"Great". Renn replied. "Now all we need to do is wait for the others to get back and then we're out of here." He picked up Noahs rifle and handed it back to him. "You might need this." The two men exchanged a look which said more than any spoken mutual apology ever could have.

<p align="right"><a href="index.php?page=topicview&type=findpost&id=203264&postcount=35">Bravi'os Requiem</a>, <a href="Star Wars Epics - View Profile: Renn Haythorn">Renn Haythorn</a></p>

Posted
Rating:
Site director

January 5-18, 2009

Diric wasted no time in taking advantage of it, backing the speeder up slightly then cutting around the other vehicle with the same deft relexes he showed on the shockball court and at least two long blocks away before the enraged driver could even react.

"That was frakking brilliant!" Val grinned stretching over to his side of the speeder to give him a quick kiss on the cheek before adding, "Now slow down before we get pulled over."

"Nag, nag, nag." He replied goodnaturedly as he brought the machine to a normal speed. The grin he gave her making Val blush before she recovered, her mind back on the business at hand.

"Frak!" She scanned the lanes ahead of them. "Where did they go?" There was no sign of the patrol vehicle anywhere.

"Now what?" Diric asked, slowing the speeder down even more as the lanes between the buildings that towered on either side became narrower, the surroundings seedier.

Val peered down each intersecting lane and alleyway they passed, looking for any sign of the cruiser.

"M…maybe we should turn back." Her companion looked around, "Isn't this supposed to be a bad part of town? It's just…shady."

<a href="index.php?page=topicview&id=590">A Corellian Tale</a>, <a href="Star Wars Epics - View Profile: Val'kia Navin">Val'kia Navin</a>

Posted
Rating:
Site director

January 19 - 25, 2009

“WATCH OUT!” Tacita screamed suddenly. As Noah turned around he saw it. A huge something blocked the corridor in front of them, claws like a rancor, fangs like a nexu. A nightmarish mix of all kind of creatures, none of them friendly. The three of them levelled their weapons and opened fire. But none of the blaster bolts left any scratch on the thick hide of the being. “Retreat to the Sky!” Noah shouted over the noise of their guns.

As they started to move backwards, they realised for the first time that the droid didn’t stop at all. The astromech continued her way along the corridor towards the monster. She didn’t stop in front of it, but rolled right through the creature as if it would be nothing but a hologram.

“What the Frak???!!!” Noah cursed, stopping his path. Tacita and Renn next to him stared as well. Their heartbeats slowed down again, as they found time to breath. Their fears were replaced by other emotions: curiosity and confusion.

And the being disappeared into thin air.

<p align="right"><a href="Star Wars Epics - View Profile: Noah Endawn">Noah Endawn</a>, <a href="index.php?page=topicview&type=findpost&id=204848&postcount=36">Bravi'os: Requiem</a>

Posted
Rating:
Site director

January 26 - February 2, 2009

<i>Yes, I’ll have to give you a name eventually,</i> the image said, in response to the droid’s pre-recorded questioning whistle. <i>What do you want to be – frak!</i> the girl suddenly cursed, pulling her hand out of the shell and shaking it, then putting her fingers in her mouth and standing. The life-size image shrank down proportionately to show a quarter-size pacing teenager. <i>Frak!</i> she said again.

The recording gave a long mournful tone. <i>That’s okay, it was my fault,</i> replied the blonde girl, sitting back down again, the image returning to life-size. There was another questioning series of beeps and now the girl grinned crookedly. <i>I can’t call you that.</i>

Another series of tones. <i>Because… it’s not a nice word to say.</i>

A more annoyed whistle. <i>Yes, I know I say it a lot, but that doesn’t mean–</i>

This time the droid was insistent, interrupting the girl. She sighed.

<i>Fine, I hereby name you ‘Frak,’</i> declared a young Imperial cadet named Samantha Koortyn, with not a small amount of sarcasm. <i>Don’t say I didn’t warn you. Now, stop the recording and let’s see if it–</i>

The image abruptly died, and the astromech leaned back again.

<p align="right"><a href="Star Wars Epics - View Profile: Samantha Koortyn">Samantha Koortyn</a>, <a href="index.php?page=topicview&id=4231">Of Star Destroyers and Battlestars - A SW/BSG Crossover </a>

Posted
Rating:
Site director

February 3-9, 2009

"Is this what you want, Naboo?!" Sythis shouted. "Peace and security for good?!"

The ritual response echoed within the throne room in agreement.

"Then it shall be done," Sythis confirmed. "I have only to thank you for accepting me into this position. King Tymen indeed is most wise."

Applause again.

"Now is the appointed hour," Sythis proclaimed. "Soon, I will head to Coruscant to take my position as Senator . . .

<a href="Star Wars Epics - View Profile: Darth Sythis">Darth Sythis</a>, <a href="index.php?page=topicview&id=6152">Naboo: The hidden threat</a>

Posted
Rating:
Site director

February 10 - 23, 2009

Bal’ak had done things almost by the book in regards to how the situation was to be handled regarding Captain Dunn’s loss during the mission, he couldn’t argue with that. But he also couldn’t ignore his own gut instinct. The bit too cool air Laakim projected. Or maybe it was just the unexplainable, yet intuitive dislike for the XO Zak had not been able to get past since first meeting the man.

Most likely though it was the brief little flash of smugness Zak caught crossing the man’s face as he looked over his shoulder to where the Dunn’s Interceptor should be hanging before the mask of more proper remorse slipped on as he addressed the questioning crewmembers.

<p align="right"><a href="Star Wars Epics - View Profile: Zak Uer" target="_blank">Zak Uer</a>, <a href="index.php?page=topicview&id=5980" target="_blank">Imperial Renaissance</a></p>

Posted
Rating:
Site director

February 24 - March 1, 2009

“Truthfully, Admiral,” Haika shook his head, “a Hand is a person like any other. It has been a long time, longer than I can recall, since I've been able to stop moving for more than a few days, maybe a week or two at most. I've had to be faster than shadows to maintain what semblance of order I can. A two month reprieve somewhere that seems to be the closest thing to the old Empire I can find would be a welcome change from the monotony of the constant and dull politics of the other Imperial factions.”

“I understand,” the Admiral replied, “when we came back from the Unknown Regions, what many of us were looking forward to was a simple reprieve from the constant travel, to sit back at a place we could call home and relax for just a little while. Unfortunately, fate got in our way.”

“Fate,” Haika spat, “or filthy Rebel scum?”

“Rebels, then,” the Admiral nodded, “what fate would deem the Rebels the correct rulers of the government?”

“My thoughts exactly.”

<p align="right"><a href="Star Wars Epics - View Profile: Haika Vibrose" target="_blank">Haika Vibrose</a>, <a href="The Noble Wars: Tapani Civil Wars (Open) - Page 2 - Star Wars Epics" target="_blank">The Noble Wars: Tapani Civil Wars </a></p>

Posted
Rating:
Site director

March 2 - 29, 2009

“That’s it.” Sam halted in her tracks. “I’m not going any farther until someone tells me what is going on.” She locked eyes with the nearest soldier. “You want to shoot me, shoot me.” It wouldn’t be the first time she endured a blaster wound. It wouldn’t even be the first time this year. Or the second time. And all for the New Republic…

Quietly, Ranzen moved through the small group. “Please keep walking,” he urged, and Sam felt a wave of calm wash over her. “I’ll try to explain on the way.”

Instantly she knew what he was doing. “Do that again, and you lose an appendage.” She heard a snort from someone nearby but could not tell who made the sound. Han or Marcus, probably; Corran was doing everything he could to maintain his own calm but Sam knew he was seething just under the surface.

<a href="Star Wars Epics - View Profile: Samantha Koortyn" target="_blank">Samantha Koortyn</a>, <a href="index.php?page=topicview&id=9550" target="_blank">Treason: A Rogue Squadron Tale </a>

Posted
Rating:
Site director

March 30 - April 12, 2009

The lambda class shuttle came into view, gliding through the hangar's magcon field as it's wings folded gracefully closed. The gunboats came in just behind it. Manipulating his console, Bazil told the hangar's tractor beam to take hold of the ships and started guiding them towards their intended landing zone. He was so focused on this task he almost didn't notice the power surge. "McMaster," he called over to the other crewman in the control bay, "Verify the power readings from the smuggler ship. Are they powering up?"

McMaster, sitting some ways down the control console, frowned. "There's a power buildup in their reactor, but none of their systems are… Frack! Baz, she's gonna-!"

The smuggler's ship, once so harmless and peaceful, turned into a raging ball of destructive fury that swept across the hangar.

<p align="right"><a href="Star Wars Epics - View Profile: Maxwell Gandel">Maxwell Gandel</a>, The Noble Wars: Tapani Civil War</P>
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.