Past quotes of the week

Posted
Rating:
Site director
Corran Antilles is in the usergroup ‘Administrators’

Re: Past quotes of the week

March 31 - April 6, 2008

An unusual rumble interrupted the man as he was about to shout all hell, at her, or to her? Eitherway, he jogged to the bridge, followed slowly in toe by the girl, leaning out to check he wasn't about to barge into her in the next corners, she eventually found him monitoring the hyperdrive, her eyes looking out to the passing stars from the cockpit. "Hope my modifications hold up.." she mused, speaking outloud to herself as he turned a skeptical eye. "YOUR modifications?" he questioned, making her cringe as she turned and sat down on the seat she was knelt on. "Yeah.. i don't know the technical words.. But i bypassed a burnt out.. thing. I know it works, I've seen it done." she chimed in response to him, her visibly greasy and dirty face, hands and clothes was nearly full-blown evidence of her messing around somewhere mechanical or otherwise electrical. "And, you should really think about cleaning up.." she muttered, glancing at the leftovers abandoned on the roof of a navigation console.

<p align="right"><a href="Star Wars Epics - View Profile: Joy">Joy</a>, <a href="index.php?page=topicview&id=6609">In the Shadow of the Dark Sun</a></p>
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Site director

April 8 - April 19, 2008

"Niobe… the traitor has murdered your brother in his blind lust. I only just arrived to find Split's body by yours. He must have fled. We are both lucky you were spared." Niobe's eyes widened at the possibility. Still in such a state of shock, her mind was willing to accept any target for revenge.

"The traitor…" She mused out loud.

Sivan slowly walked forwards and placed her hands on each of Niobe's shoulders. "Ceveir. The bastard." The tears could not help but come streaming down Niobe's face at the thought of this. Her own brother, betrayed by one of his own. The Jedi were certainly slipping in their ways, allowing someone amongst their ranks to carry out an act of such disgust.

"Where is he!" Niobe growled through clenched teeth. Her hands were already moving for her lightsabers.

"Use this passion, my apprentice. We will seek revenge on the traitor by all means. He and his allies walk the floors of our castle as we speak."

<p align="right"><a href="Star Wars Epics - View Profile: Niobe Freelight">Niobe Freelight</a>, <a href="index.php?page=topicview&id=6059">Rogue Squadron: Vjun -Heart of Darkness</a></p>

Posted
Rating:
Site director
Samantha Koortyn is in the usergroup ‘Administrators’

April 20-26, 2008

At the mention of the nightly raids, Matheron’s face turned cold. Yes, that’s how the Empire liked to proceed: step by step, they’d institute a web of fear, so tight that neighbours betrayed neighbours; friends friends; and children their own parents—and on this planet, that he’d betrayed, that which they euphemistically called counterinsurgency would be hurried along by exactly Rinehart VonToma. What’s like surviving the bolt to get infected by gangrene. He edgily pulled at an edge of his bandage, ‘Well, from here to Coruscant makes some parsecs—also, the Imperials most likely imposed a news embargo, so . . . with luck, it’ll be about now that they’re receiving first reports.’

<p align="right"><a href="Star Wars Epics - View Profile: Matheron Thayer">Matheron Thayer</a>, <a href="index.php?page=topicview&id=5980">Imperial Renaissance</a></p>

Posted
Rating:
Site director

April 27-May 3, 2008

“Horrible, isn’t it?” she purred, her mouth close to Agent Navin’s ear. To her credit, the red haired woman did not startle, but rather, turned her face slowly toward Yara.

“It’s amazing, the kind of people the New Republic hires these days. Smugglers, assassins…” Yara let the words trail off, her face set in a moue of distaste as the newscaster continued on in the background, now ignored by nearly everyone as they broke into pockets of conversation amongst themselves at this latest, most shocking, bit of drama. “I am ashamed that I allowed myself to trust any of them.”

Agent Navin said nothing, her eyes narrowing slightly. The set of her jaw indicated a burgeoning anger but the woman otherwise gave nothing away.

“I’m sure you are doing all you can to unravel this mystery, Agent Navin, and get to the bottom of things,” Yara finished, turning to leave. Then, as almost an afterthought, she glanced back. “The corruption seems to run very deep… we won’t be seeing your face on the holonet next, will we? That would be very bad.”

Yara smiled, and disappeared into the crowd.

<a href="Star Wars Epics - View Profile: Yara Hawke">Yara Hawke</a>, Rogue Squadron: Vjun - Heart of Darkness

Posted
Rating:
Site director

May 4-10, 2008

Sam had never been in a place like this before. The lowest she’d sunk had been the several days she’d spent homeless, but even that had been in a relatively nice part of the city. The floor covering and bedclothes were stained with layers of filth, there was a smell she couldn’t define, and the girl wasn’t sure she wanted to. Dim light filtered weakly through dirt encrusted windows. The wire binding her wrists together cut painfully into her skin.

I have a customer for the girl already, the man had said. There was only one explanation. Sam shuddered, her already pallid face becoming ashen under the remnants of the sunburn. “He found me.”

Samantha Koortyn, A Corellian Tale

Posted
Rating:
Site director

May 11 - 18, 2008

“Sometimes I hate being right…” Marcus thought to himself as he ran diagonally towards his blaster rifle that had fallen out of the ship with him. He went to dive for it, but it flew away with another gesture of Cal’s palm. Marcus completed the roll that he had initially planned, and stared at his opponent while on one knee. If he was going to survive this, he had to think tactically. “Ok, so he uses force powers from a distance, I can’t compete with that, so that leaves getting in close. He has a lightsaber, which is deadly with one strike. I don’t have one, nor do I know how to effectively use it. “So plan is get in close, and remove the lightsaber from the equation, just that simple.” Marcus thought to himself, trying to provide false hope for the imminent fight.

<p align="right"><a href="Star Wars Epics - View Profile: Marcus Arete">Marcus Arete</a>, <a href="index.php?page=topicview&id=6059">Rogue Squadron: Vjun - Heart of Darkness</a></p>

Posted
Rating:
Site director

May 19 - 25, 2008

“The last thing I need is a sermon from someone who doesn’t exist.” Ryann growled, looking upwards to the figure before him. Younger Ryann merely shook his head in disappointment, his eyes closed and a sigh escaping his lips. He smacked his older version with a hardness that surprised Ryann, shaking him back.

“Stay the frak away from me.”

“Not until you fix yourself up.”

“I swear to the fraking Gods, if you don’t get the hell out of my room right now, I’ll kill myself.”

The young Ryann shook his head again, and then disappeared. Ryann rubbed his eyes as he rested his head upon his hands, closing his eyes tight as he closed off memories of his past down deep.

It was the only thing he could do.

And outside of his cabin, Vekis shook his head.

<p align="right"><a href="Star Wars Epics - View Profile: Ryann Ravensword">Ryann Ravensword</a>, <a href="index.php?page=topicview&id=6609">In the Shadow of the Black Sun</a></p>

Posted
Rating:
Site director

May 26 - June 7, 2008

Noah had already powered up the engines. “Tac, just sit over there,” he said, indicating a smaller plastoid chair anchored to the deck in front of the navcomputer console to the side.

“But–”

The ship lurched rather roughly off the ground and Tacita fought to keep her footing, grabbed at the chair back and threw herself into it. When she was strapped in she looked up at Noah, who grinned fiendishly.

“You did that on purpose,” she accused.

“Yes,” he replied, matter of factly. “Now go do your magic and find out where it is we’re going, before the ship decides to jump us to hyperspace.”

Tacita rolled her eyes. “Yes sir, Captain sir,” she said with a mock salute before turning her attention to the navcomputer console.

<p align="right"><a href="Star Wars Epics - View Profile: Tacita Darklighter">Tacita Darklighter</a>, <a href="index.php?page=topicview&id=7043">Bravi'os: Requiem</a></p>

Posted
Rating:
Site director

June 8 - 16, 2008

This is as cozy as a graveyard, Paron thought. But a graveyard would at least have flowers.

“I take it you disapprove of my décor, Lieutenant?”

“Sir?” Paron’s attention snapped back to Dunn, who now watched her with his eyes sharp on her every moment, his hands folded in front of him on his desk. “No, sir.”

“Really now?” Dunn’s lips curved slightly in what could be called a smirk, but she felt wary.  

<p align="right"><a href="Star Wars Epics - View Profile: Paron Emyn">Paron Emyn</a>, <a href="index.php?page=topicview&id=5980">Imperial Renaissance</a></p>

Posted
Rating:
Site director

June 17 - 22, 2008

Flashes of light from a handful of other explosions across the city could be seen through the looming fog that blanketed most of the city. They were heard as well a few seconds after they were seen, as the sonic booms finally reached their location. Janus left Jasra's side and made his way over to the building's ledge, glancing over the safety rail. Fires raged about fifteen floors down or so, engulfing much of the northeastern corner of three floors It was hard to see much else due to the smoke, but it was clear from the damage to the building that it had been blown out from inside.

"Looks like a bomb went off…" Janus said with his attention still fixed on the damage. "We should probably investigate… This'll probably effect our security pitch."  

<p align="right"><a href="Star Wars Epics - View Profile: Moff Willem von Aath">Janus Talon</a>, <a href="index.php?page=topicview&id=5980">Imperial Renaissance</a></p>

Posted
Rating:
Site director

June 23-29, 2008

“Admiral Dodonna will not be pleased when he learns of this” Traven sighed, knowing that once his cousin had his mind set on something there was little that could really be done to dissuade him.

“The Old Man will be fine as long as the credits and materiel are kept in good supply and I’ve no intention of letting things be otherwise. I’m leaving Roth here in charge of things until I return.” He assured him.

If you return.” Traven frowned.

“Don’t worry there, Cousin. I’ve no plans on getting entangled with NRI, CPD, or any other entity that I can’t buy or influence my way out of such a complication with.” Daiman said with a crooked grin as he stood and set his now empty glass on the table. “And no I don’t plan on committing any grievous acts against Ms. Navin’s person. “ His smile took on a different tone as an old memory ran through his head again. “Unless she begs me to.”

<a href="Star Wars Epics - View Profile: Daiman Sirana">Daiman Sirana</a>, <a href="index.php?page=topicview&id=5980">Imperial Renaissance</a>

Posted
Rating:
Site director

June 30 - July 7, 2008

She gave a mocking laugh at the man. “Oh poor Luke, what’s the matter jealous.”

“Please, I’ve been down that path, trust me not much to miss. Don’t forget Adena, who made you.” Koto was confused at this conversation. What were they talking about? The last thing this Luke guy said seemed to get under Saevita’s skin. “Koto deal with this trash!” Koto didn’t know what to do, part of him wanted to prove himself in front of his master, part of him wanted to sit down and watch the drama unfold. But he knew that she might kill him just for not following orders.

Koto activated the blade the tip pointing adjacent to his leg. “No hard feelings” Koto said before lunging forward.

“None taken” Luke replied as he returned Koto’s action.

<p align="right"><a href="Star Wars Epics - View Profile: Koto Chanell" target="_blank">Koto Chanell</a>, <a href="index.php?page=topicview&type=findpost&id=186616&postcount=22" target="_blank">Naboo: the Hidden Threat</a></p>

Posted
Rating:
Site director

July 8-13, 2008

She turned back to her apprentice. "We'll have to jump to escape. Use what you have learned and let the Force cushion your fall." Before Niobe could answer, her master leaped and, for the barest of seconds, went into free fall. Without bothering to look, she mimicked her master and vaulted into the air, letting the Force claim her.

Did birds feel like this? It was wonderful– weightless and giddy– and it was a damned shame she didn't have the time to enjoy it. She landed onto the hard dirt and felt the lava a distance away generating waves of heat over her body. Niobe looked up see her master waiting on her.

<p align="right"><a href="Star Wars Epics - View Profile: Darth Sivan" target="_blank">Darth Sivan</a>, <a href="index.php?page=topicview&id=6059" target="_blank">Rogue Squadron: Vjun - Heart of Darkness</a></p>

Posted
Rating:
Site director

July 14 - 20, 2008

Judithia Rochand had always been a formidable figure and even the most casual observer could see that advancing age had not diminished her in the least. And no one would agree with that opinion more than her two grandsons. Even now, though they towered over her by many, many centimeters, the matriarch of the Rochand family exuded more presence than the two young men put together.

“Nana you look stunning as always.” Daiman took her hand and made a small formal bow before Traven did the same.

“Thank you, dears.” The stately woman smiled up at them, the chandelier lights glinting off her silver hair. “It’s nice to see you both decided to clean yourselves up and grace everyone with your presence.” She added with a not unkind smirk. “Especially knowing how very much the both of you enjoy these functions.”

<p align="right"><a href="Star Wars Epics - View Profile: Daiman Sirana" target="_blank">Daiman Sirana</a>, <a href="index.php?page=topicview&type=findpost&id=188898&postcount=5" target="_blank">Family Ties</a></p>

Posted
Rating:
Site director

July 21 - August 2, 2008

The youth looked sceptical, ‘What do you mean?’

‘At this point we should have provided enough of a distraction . . . caused enough troops to be withdrawn from the city, so that Cirrian and others could carry out their missions.’

‘Bomb attacks,’ Seon said glumly.

‘Attacks on police stations, Imperial outposts, the BRC’s main works,’ Matheron whispered. ‘Blows against the very structure of Imperial control.’

‘That might yet hit innocents.’

Under the pale gleam, Matheron returned the youth’s DD6. ‘Everyone staying at those places at this time is a collaborator.’

<p align="right"><a href="Star Wars Epics - View Profile: Matheron Thayer" target="_blank">Matheron Thayer</a>, <a href="index.php?page=topicview&id=5980" target="_blank">Imperial Renaissance</a></p>

Posted
Rating:
Site director

August 3 - 10, 2008

A derisive snort cleared Barnes’ nose just as the idea hit him. “That’s not a bad idea. The bus is too obvious, too messy, but it’s not a bad idea.” In a single swift motion Barnes was out of the chair again, resuming his pacing with renewed energy. “Is her apartment is in one of the rebuilt buildings? There have been reports of dozens of the rebuilt apartments experiencing electrical malfunctions and I think one even had a gas leak.”

<p align="right"><a href="Star Wars Epics - View Profile: Mahri Sellitna" target="_blank">Mahri Sellitna</a>, <a href="index.php?page=topicview&id=8436" target="_blank">The path of a career begins with but a single step </a></p>

Posted
Rating:
Site director

August 11 - 18, 2008

Traven looked up to the balcony, where the Emperor was surveying the event. Next to Palpatine stood Lord Darth Vader, unmistakably even in the distance. But there was another person on that balcony, a black hood hiding his face in the shadows. “Rumours say that it’s Skywalker himself.” whispered Traven’s wingman as he noticed the other man’s look. “You are kidding me…” Traven murmured. “Sadly no. He’s Vader’s apprentice now. Whatever that means.” The other pilot added.

“As long as we do not have to fly with him.” Traven frowned. In his opinion they should execute Skywalker with his own kind. Organa and Solo had been caught by the ground troops on the moon of Endor. It was just one week since the battle, but their trials had been scheduled already. It was just a question of time when their public executions would take place. Maybe even still this week while the victory festivities.

<p align="right"><a href="Star Wars Epics - View Profile: Traven Dunn" target="_blank">Traven Dunn</a>, <a href="Epics Infinities - Star Wars Epics" target="_blank">Epics Infinities </a></p>

Posted
Rating:
Site director

August 19-24, 2008

Usually, as in 10 out of 10 times, I remember to wear a seat belt, this time I didn't. I don't know why and hopefully the pain from the crash landing will serve as a reminder for next time. I was literally flipped around in the escape pod maybe three or four times. My whole body went numb except for the tingling pain in my lower back when I hit the floor hard. It felt like someone took one ton of weight, concentrated all its power into a little ball then threw it hard and fast into my back.

<a href="Star Wars Epics - View Profile: Telemachus" target="_blank">Telemachus</a>, <a href="Mandalorian Menace - Star Wars Epics" target="_blank">Mandalorian Menace</a>

Posted
Rating:
Site director

August 25 - 31, 2008

They shivered by the cold pervading the whole ship. The lights of their glowrods illuminated the hallway, but didn’t help to make them feel more at ease. Like in the engineering room the corridors were like catacombs. Every few meters they found a corpse. Some looked slaughtered, while others looked like suicide. The cone of light produced by Morgan’s luma hit one of the walls, exposing some writing on it. “What’s that?” the girl asked. The rest of the group stopped their march. The letters of the hand-written aurabesh looked like a kind of rusty paint, but they realised quickly that it was dried blood. “I’ve got a bad feeling about this.” Sully muttered, expressing what everybody thought.

<p align="right"><a href="Star Wars Epics - View Profile: Noah Endawn">Noah Endawn</a>, <a href="index.php?page=topicview&id=7043">Bravi'os: Requiem</p>

Posted
Rating:
Site director

September 1 - 7, 2008

”They have us trapped,” the XO and last remaining Rat other than himself replied, his voice almost incredulous that Leto didn’t know what he was talking about. ”They’re going to close in on us and kill us all.”

“You just heard the transmission, they got the shields down,” Leto replied back angrily. He wasn’t quite sure why he was angry.

”They’re too late,” Sefu said hopelessly. ”They’re not going to-“

A section of the frigate exploded next to them as a Star Destroyer turbolaser bolt tore into the medical ship. The shields of his fighter flashed into the red as the shockwave of the blast struck them, knocking them out of their flight path. Shrapnel collided with his fighter, tearing holes in his shield and shredding into his fighter. His inertial dampeners failed, the full force of the blow causing one of the straps holding him to his chair to snap and his upper body to collide violently into the electronics. His head snapped against the canopy, and for a second his vision went white before the pain started to register. He reached up delicately to pull the helmet from his head, a long crack splitting down its side where it had absorbed the blow. There was a warm iron taste in his throat and mouth, and it took him a moment to realise it was his own blood.
<p align="right"><a href="Star Wars Epics - View Profile: Leto Tariq">Leto Tariq</a>, <a href="index.php?page=topicview&id=8632">Epics Infinities</p>
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.